Snacks?

Options
1meh
1meh Posts: 94 Member
So I'm getting better at meal prep, and try not to buy extra food, so I don't eat what I shouldn't. However I need to start incorporating snacks. I would like ideas that travel easy and that can be prepared the night before. Ideas?

Replies

• amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    I love cheese sticks
    Sugar snap peas
    Fruit
    Protein bars
  • 1meh
    Options
    Thanks. Good start for shopping tomorrow.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    You don't need to snack.... Saves prepping and carrying around more food than necessary!
  • 1meh
    Options
    Perhaps I should have worded that better. It is a LONG time between lunch break at 11 and dinner after I get off at 6 and I'm not going to win at this "lifestyle, not diet" thing unless I snack. In an effort to avoid vending machine snacks when I'm starving, I would like to bring planned snacks with me.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i am currently snacking on a 129 cal bag of popcorn... yummy!
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Cheese sticks, Skinny Pop popcorn, and dry cereal are my go-tos. That, and I eat cold veggie dogs out of the package. (In case it doesn't show, I've got more of a salt tooth than a sweet one, but I eat the cereal because it's a yummy way to incorporate more iron into my diet and I wasn't hitting my RDA before I started.)
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    At my workplace I have a bag of Omega-3 Trail Mix, a bag of dates, and a bag of almonds. Those are my snacks. All things in moderation, logged accurately and honestly. I have 1 little snack 2 hours after arriving at work, lunch 4 hours after arriving at work, another little snack 6 hours after arriving at work, and leave for home after 8 hours.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I like the P3 protein packs (and you could probably make your own) - basically some sandwich meat, cheese and nuts; or the little travel packs of hummus and veggies
  • LyssaRonnell
    LyssaRonnell Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I have to have snacks or I will start to feel ill at times. When shopping only buy healthy foods to snack on. I love steamed carrots, light salad, boiled eggs, popcorn, cut peppers, cuties, and cherry tomatoes.
    I hope this helps.
  • 1meh
    Options
    These are all great - thank you. I don't know why it's so hard to think of these things when I'm wandering the aisles - they seem obvious. I really appreciate the ideas.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Cheese sticks, Skinny Pop popcorn, and dry cereal are my go-tos. That, and I eat cold veggie dogs out of the package. (In case it doesn't show, I've got more of a salt tooth than a sweet one, but I eat the cereal because it's a yummy way to incorporate more iron into my diet and I wasn't hitting my RDA before I started.)

This^

Multigrain Cheerios....just slightly sweet and 100% iron!

Breakstone cottage cheese doubles.....cottage cheese with a side of fruit.

Quakes Popped rice crisps.....sweet chili flavor is my fave