Does "I love you:love you" and "love ya" have separate meanings to you?

Options

Replies

• laurenebargar
    laurenebargar Posts: 3,081 Member
    Options
    Also OP in my experience, if a guy is going to break up with you or is distancing himself, he isnt going to say love ya or I love you, he would have just said "okay ttyl"
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    No
  • trytpbme1
    trytpbme1 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Also OP in my experience, if a guy is going to break up with you or is distancing himself, he isnt going to say love ya or I love you, he would have just said "okay ttyl"

Thank you I'm overthinking as usual!
  • trytpbme1
    Options
    43501 wrote: »
    trytpbme1 wrote: »
    But the other day he just said "love ya" should I be worried? We were on break and I sat in the other break room and during the last minutes of break I texted him "ttyl" and he texted back "ttyl love ya" . I'm so used to him saying those three words out
    he has always texted me or said "I love you" straight out and I know "love ya" is uauallly casual and it kind of has been on my mind since he texted me it

Well, that's because it is more casual than "I love you". It just means that he's comfortable enough in the relationship to start using looser/slangier terms of affection, not that he's trying to distance himself (necessarily).

Though if I'm gonna be honest, if you're really wringing your hands over the I love you/love ya distinction in the first place, you're already super insecure about your relationship and it won't last. o/

Thanks for answering I'm overthinking
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,503 Member
    Options
    is "Liar!" an appropriate response to: I love You?

..... I'm asking for a friend.
  • trytpbme1
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

No lol
  • MelissaThe1st
    MelissaThe1st Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

tumblr_ol8829t5TQ1w453xyo1_500.gif

means you are going to Harvard. Congrats!
  • notelling123
    notelling123 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Stop focusing on what people SAY in relationships and focus on what they DO. Anyone that's providing analysis of 2-3 words for people they don't know is speculating at the highest degree.

Here's the best relationship advice you will ever receive.

1. Buy a dishwasher
    2. Realize that the best predictor of future behaviour is past behaviour (what he or she has done in the past is highly probable to repeat itself)
    3. Judge people on their actions, not their words.
  • trytpbme1
    Options
    Stop focusing on what people SAY in relationships and focus on what they DO. Anyone that's providing analysis of 2-3 words for people they don't know is speculating at the highest degree.

1. Buy a dishwasher
    2. Realize that the best predictor of future behaviour is past behaviour (what he or she has done in the past is highly probable to repeat itself)

Thankyou
  • RastaLousGirl
    RastaLousGirl Posts: 2,119 Member
    Options
    I believe he is just getting comfortable in the relationship. He might not have wanted to spell it all out in the text.
  • trytpbme1
    Options
    I believe he is just getting comfortable in the relationship. He might not have wanted to spell it all out in the text.

Thankyou
  • KelGen02
    KelGen02 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Insecurity KILLS a relationship. Has he every given you a reason to not trust him or his feelings? If no, then what are you worried about? If he has, why are you still with him in the first place. Insecurity is not healthy and a turn off. Instead of sitting around worrying, why not just have a conversation with him about how you are feeling? Communication is a lost art in society these days...
  • trytpbme1
    Options
    KelGen02 wrote: »
    Insecurity KILLS a relationship. Has he every given you a reason to not trust him or his feelings? If no, then what are you worried about? If he has, why are you still with him in the first place. Insecurity is not healthy and a turn off. Instead of sitting around worrying, why not just have a conversation with him about how you are feeling? Communication is a lost art in society these days...

I guess because I feel like I'm overreacting , I just don't want him to lose his feelings lol
  • angelxsss
    angelxsss Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options

I guess because I feel like I'm overreacting , I just don't want him to lose his feelings lol

I'm in the same boat, but if he likes you enough, he'll stay. Just try not to do it too often.
  • trytpbme1
    Options
    angelxsss wrote: »

I'm in the same boat, but if he likes you enough, he'll stay. Just try not to do it too often.

Okay thanks
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options

1. Buy a dishwasher

I love how "buy a dishwasher" seems to be a litmus test for you. I would have said "assemble a pergola together."

Either way - the result is probably very eye-opening.
  • Poisonedpawn78
    Poisonedpawn78 Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    I had a GF once that was so insecure she couldn't trust me(or more specifically anyone). I gave her zero reason ever to NOT trust me. Eventually she started asking people behind my back I guess if they thought I was doing anything(which I wasn't). Well eventually she found someone who didn't like me and decided to lie to her by saying that I was, she believed it because it confirmed her insecurity and trust issues in her head. It basically ended the relationship almost instantly because I knew she couldn't trust anyone and would always believe strangers over the guy she was with.

Don't let your insecurity or trust get to that level.
  • trytpbme1
    Options
    I had a GF once that was so insecure she couldn't trust me(or more specifically anyone). I gave her zero reason ever to NOT trust me. Eventually she started asking people behind my back I guess if they thought I was doing anything(which I wasn't). Well eventually she found someone who didn't like me and decided to lie to her by saying that I was, she believed it because it confirmed her insecurity and trust issues in her head. It basically ended the relationship almost instantly because I knew she couldn't trust anyone and would always believe strangers over the guy she was with.

I guess lately I'm becoming insecure I'm not sure as to why
  • Poisonedpawn78
    Poisonedpawn78 Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options

I guess lately I'm becoming insecure I'm not sure as to why

its related to self confidence. You are sabotaging yourself(being insecure) because you think you dont deserve it or that its too good to be true.