Bra question.

Options
For those that have boobs and are working on losing weight, at what point did you get yourself new bras? I keep feeling like mine don't fit right but I'm afraid to get new ones because I have a feeling they're gonna change again by the time I get to goal.

Thoughts, opinions, help making these work for right now?

Replies

• __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    I'm down to a 36DD from a 44G. I always try to have one or two that fits properly, and rely on stretchy sports bras to get me through the rest of the time. I'd be ok with sticking it out with the old too-big ones, but after a while, they're just uncomfortable and just too unflattering.
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    i lost 100 pounds, at around 50 lost I got fitted. I dont go by sizes cause they are all different, there is no consistency its maddening. but thats a discussion for another day. i am still wearing those and they fit with some modest adjustment. start at the outside hook, then move in as you lose weight. the shoulder straps should also help you adjust. another thing is sports bras they are pretty forgiving. get one that fits comfy now it will still hold them in enough for lots of circumstances. then when you reach your goal weight, buy yourself a really nice pretty bra to celebrate.
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    As soon as I want to run or lift heavy, I need to keep my babies in check, even though they are not huge, so any exercise means new sports bras. I have just bought two after using a swimming costume (one piece) beneath my gym clothes for support. I have only lost 8lbs so far, but comfort is important to me along the way, so I will get new ones as I downsize. I only have 47ish pounds to drop now. I do have bras I was wearing when I was smaller that will fit when I get to goal weight and a couple in between I think too. My daughter is trained in bra fitting so I will get her to check along the way.
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Your breasts need the support, don't wait until you reach your goal! Many stores will have someone there to help fit you in your new size and it's worth doing. To be honest, I found that having a good fitting bra improved my confidence during workouts because I wasn't worried about flopping around or bouncing. It also eliminated physical discomfort, and helped me improve my posture.
  • Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Your breasts need the support, don't wait until you reach your goal! Many stores will have someone there to help fit you in your new size and it's worth doing. To be honest, I found that having a good fitting bra improved my confidence during workouts because I wasn't worried about flopping around or bouncing. It also eliminated physical discomfort, and helped me improve my posture.

Not just during workouts, when I had lost some weight and got a new bra, people all of a sudden noticed my weight loss, and I definitely could immediately see the difference myself. So a normal well fitting bra helps you feel pretty good outside of workouts too!

It isn't cheap to keep buying bras (not currently at least) but it really is worth keeping up with. I track my measurements (including my bust) so I know when there has been a change significant enough that I may need to get a new bra.
  • Heather4448
    Heather4448 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I buy my bras at thrift stores. When I get to my goal weight, I plan on splurging.
  • everher
    everher Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I finally caved and bought some after the other ones got ridiculously too big.

I don't regret buying new bras, but. . .these are already starting not to fit. My chest measurement is shrinking so I can tell soon the band will be too big if not the actual cup.
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I buy my bras every time I drop a bra size. I don't have a choice in the matter. So I'm currently a 38K but my underbust is now down to 37". When I'm at 36" I'll measure my bust (which takes AGES to lose) and when it's shrunk enough I'll grab a 36K. Thankfully I have some 34K on hand from when I was a lower weight. After 34K my bust itself will start shrinking faster than, instead of at the same rate as my underbust, but I'll track and buy the same way. My underbust gets to 32" at the lowest.

Ahhhhh, for the days of my youth when I was a tiny 32I cup. I thought I could get no larger. I was so naive lol.

So yeah, I buy bras regularly as I lose and it's expensive, and I get them shipped in from the UK but my boobs are happy and my clothes look good so it's worth the price.

Also, North America sucks for bras! Ugh, spent so much time unhappy because bra manufacturers here don't believe measurements like mine exist.