Insanity: Substitute workouts, or count it as an 'off day'

Options
msafunk
msafunk Posts: 163 Member
I started Insanity a little over a week ago, and I also play indoor soccer on Thursdays. I'd definitely put the intensity and amount of movement I do on the field on-par with Insanity. The calorie burn is definitely about the same. In fact, I'm more sore from my game last night than I have been from insanity over the last few days.

So my question is, should I use Thursdays as my "off" day, or should I mark/skip one of the insanity workouts? I've tried doing both in one day, but that's not something that can happen. I feel like I should be taking one day of the week to slow down my workouts just a little bit (A long walk or a light jog, for example), but I don't like missing marking off any of the insanity workouts.

And if you want a few details on how soccer can be as intense as insanity... It's indoor soccer / Futsal. It's played on a much smaller court, and (in my league) with 5-players per side. I'm not sure what the exact dimensions of the field that I play on are, but it's a converted hockey rink, so I'm going to guess that it's about 200-feet by 85-feet. Since there are so few players on the field, everyone is expected to play offense and defense. It's a lot of running, sprinting, turning, stopping and generally explosive movements for 48 minutes (2 24-minute halves). I play on a co-ed team, and we rarely have enough girls, so I rarely get any time for substitutions.

Replies

• boberrymom
    boberrymom Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Wow it sounds like its just as intense. I completed Insanity almost a month ago and was still doing other stuff too but because I didn't have a set schedule for those other things it was hard so I played it by ear. I had a calendar that I would sticker off so that if I did miss a workout I knew which workout I needed to start off with. I would also ensure you have a rest day where you do nothing.
    If you have a schedule for your futsal then I would make a calendar incorporating both and having a rest day. You can make your own program between the two if that makes sense. But always make sure you have at least one day of rest.

Hope that makes sense.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    i say just do em both if not skiping days is that important. you'll survive just make sure you eat propperly. If you were to take a day off, i wouldn't make it the recovery work out, simply because your getting so much cardio its good to throw that alternative style workout in
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    could also just skip a day, and then just pick up where you left off and the program will just end up being that much longer