Losing Weight for Surrogacy in November

Options
I am going to be a surrogate in November (for those that do not know, i will be carrying a baby for a couple who can not do so for themselves). I have gained a bit of weight in the last few months, mostly due to a very stressful situation, which the situation has thankfully gone back to normal, but unfortunately my weight has not...

The doctor has given me a goal of losing 15-20lbs in order to clear me medically. Mainly because he believes my weight is the cause of having high blood pressure. I have about 6 weeks to lose weight and bring my blood pressure down. He does not think it is impossible and has complete faith that I will be able to be cleared and begin this journey with the intended parents.

I would like to find a buddy or two that we can be each others support. Currently, and for the next month, i will be on a strict diet of low sodium, no sodas or fast foods, etc. I would like to maintain this healthy eating even after the weight loss needed for this clearance. I am also picking up my exercise routine a bit (adding walking 2-3 times a day into my routine) along with the Curves Circuit i have recently joined (mainly because it will be a good workout that i can continue doing through my pregnancy.

If you are looking for a buddy or just interested in my success (because you like the reason for my goal) then add me... I would like to share advice on food/snack options, as well as just being supportive for each other.

Replies

• jsb76
    jsb76 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    It is so kind of you to be a surrogate-what a blessing for families that cannot have a child on their own. I'm trying to lose weight as my husband and I are wanting to start a family and I want to be as healthy as I can when I become pregnant (I'm 37). I walk 3-4 miles a day and started running since I signed up for a 5k in two months. I'll send you a friend request...
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    I just want to say how wonderful it is that you are doing this for someone. Not everyone is so lucky. Best of luck!