Vacation...and trial:)

Options
Tomorrow I start my 2 week vacation! I'm excited for it to start :) I will not be updating my diary while I'm gone, due to the tedious nature of updating by phone. So, I have decided to try something. I will weigh in before I go. I will log everything I eat, but will not be "calorie counting". I'll just be making the choices I think are good, and will be using the habits I've gotten into to eat in a way that is satisfying, but I feel is also healthy. Then when I get back, I'll weigh back in and have my measurements taken and we'll see how I did. I have to make sure I really drink a lot of water, because that is usually my downfall on vacations. Then I gain a few pounds just from water retension, but it's discouraging. So, hopefully I won't have to deal with that, but even if I'm up a little, as long as it's gone a few days after my return, I'll feel confident that I really am making the progress in food choice that I think I am. I will probably be on to check in with people in the meantime, though, so have a great 2 weeks:)

Replies

• sjd2010
    sjd2010 Posts: 106
    Options
    I think that is a wonderful plan! I hope you have a great vacation. :happy:
  • sweetbn
    sweetbn Posts: 318
    Options
    Good luck!! You can definitely make good choices without logging - you know how by now. :) Let us know how you did!
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    I did the same while I was on holiday. It seems to have worked for me.