Hot versus iced coffee caffeine "kick"

Options
I have recently found that hot coffee gives me much more of a caffeine "kick" than iced coffee. Even if it is the same coffee and caffeine content, hot does it better for me. Does anyone else find this to be true for them too?

Replies

• starfruit132
    starfruit132 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Have not seen a difference? Hmmmm..... I will pay attention next time.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Haven't noticed this. I almost always drink iced.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    I cannot stand cold coffee in any form.
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    I love coffee- hot or iced- have not noticed a difference- but I do LOVE my coffee
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Haven't noticed a difference, and I drink both.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,987 Member
    Options
    Are you sure it's the same amount? Are you accounting for the volume of the ice?
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking more iced coffee? I know I do. There's a lot more volume in a large drinking glass than there is in a lot of coffee mugs.

I alternate hot and cold coffee days in the summer -- which is a good 1/2 the year here in SC. Today is a hot coffee (made today) day. Tomorrow is an iced coffee (left over) day. Left over coffee disgusts some folks but it works for me.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Both here too. Yum.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    A friend at work noticed the same thing. Best guess I could offer was that you don't get as much of the invigorating aroma with iced that you get with hot. So, not so much to do with caffeine as sensory stimulation.

It was all I could come up with on the spot. Maybe there's something to it. Or I'm just talking out of my *kitten*.