Starting a cuttinf phase

Options
AsrarHussain
AsrarHussain Posts: 1,424 Member
I am going to start a cutting phase of my diet. I have been bulking for 5 months or so. I have gained around 6 kg. It is not all muscle.

Should I reduce my calories slowly by 100? How should I start the cut. I was bulking with 2700 calories.

It is now time to cut and get rid of the fat.
I have been fasting for Ramadan so I don't know what my weight is. I was thinking of weighing myself when the fast is finished and weigh myself in a empty stomach.

Replies

• debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    I have always heard to start cutting slowly like 100 calories each week- then the next week cut 100 calories again etc- but each person is different see how well and how much you can cut BEFORE you become hangry!
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,008 Member
    Options
    Well, the math* suggests a daily calorie goal of roughly 2100 kcal for your cut, but if you want to do it slowly, by cutting 100 kcal from your daily goal each week, that will work too.

*6 kg gained in "5 months or so" is roughly a 300 kcal surplus per day (on how long "or so" is), so if you've been eating 2700 for the bulk, maintenance is roughly 2400, and a cut at a similar 300 kcal deficit puts you at 2100 kcal.