Anyone else with sciatica

Options
I recently threw my back out working out at the gym. Anyone have exercises that would help with my back but also help me lose weight?

Replies

• SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    diet to lose weight. rest to help sciatica. once your back is better, slowly work on building a better core and learn proper form when lifting so you don't do it ever again.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    it's pretty hard to know what throwing your back out means without getting a hands-on medical opinion. that makes it pretty impossible for strangers to recommend anything safe in the way of workouts.

i hope it heals quickly. in the meantime, i think i'd do a risk-payoff analysis if i were in your shoes. most of the workouts i do probably don't burn more than the calorie cost of a bar of chocolate at the most. so i'd weigh that against the risk of making the back problem worse. gl with it though.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,716 Member
    Options
    AlliTayMom wrote: »
    I recently threw my back out working out at the gym. Anyone have exercises that would help with my back but also help me lose weight?
    Exercising is for fitness and health. Calorie deficit for weight loss.
    I would advise you to book a session with an experienced trainer and have them look at your exercising. If you threw your back out, it's likely because of bad form and giving exercises to help relieve or strengthen yourself WITHOUT knowing proper form, could cause another back injury.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png