Feeling Discouraged

Options
2»

Replies

• spiffychick85
    spiffychick85 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I will add this...If you are eating that high of a deficit your body may be holding on to water...I was anorexic myself and when starving there was always a couple weeks where nothing would happen and then the weight would fall off very quickly (I was told under the stress of starvation my body held onto water weight, then would release it) ...but while waiting for that drop I would get frustrated and cut more calories daily....*please* don't do this. Slow down and practice a healthy deficit provided by MFP...the weight will still come off,don't punish yourself and if you are starting to feel triggered(yes, I still have bad days) then please seek a professional to talk to and clear the noise
  • Luna3386
    Luna3386 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Plug in stats into mfp. Choose the right activity level (use Fitbit data for this. I can't remember the levels of steps so search that online or in the forums).

Eat exactly what mfp tells you. Not less, the deficit is already built in.

Use a food scale. Use USDA entries in your diet.

Find a way to exercise that's enjoyable and something to do long term.

Have patience.

This is what I've been doing, after years or yo yo-ing, fad and crash diets. Slow and steady. I'm the lowest I've been in years and not hating life at all