Correct Form when lifting

Options
124»

Replies

• stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    dalerst wrote: »
    Also footware is not ideal. But atleast you dont have like an air soled shoe.
    But you idealy want flatter soled shoes. Wrestling shoes are good. Or bare feet if you feel comfortable.

I'm going to try bear foot tomorrow see how I get on if I dont like it I will look at getting some crossfit shoes or something like that.

If you just want something on your feet, Swim shoes are generally inexpensive.

I've used them in a pinch at a gym that didn't want us in street shoes and wouldn't let us wear socks/go barefoot.
  • Thick_n_Fit_Mom
    Thick_n_Fit_Mom Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Also footware is not ideal. But atleast you dont have like an air soled shoe.
    But you idealy want flatter soled shoes. Wrestling shoes are good. Or bare feet if you feel comfortable.

I'm going to try bear foot tomorrow see how I get on if I dont like it I will look at getting some crossfit shoes or something like that.

If you just want something on your feet, Swim shoes are generally inexpensive.

I've used them in a pinch at a gym that didn't want us in street shoes and wouldn't let us wear socks/go barefoot.

Barefoot is the best! My grip strength, form etc , has improved tremendously, since going barefoot!
  • dalerst
    dalerst Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Had another go today without the trainers and lowered the weight by 10kg still work to do but felt better to me?

https://youtu.be/XIhHOkym7HI
  • DresdenSinn
    DresdenSinn Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    ^ Looks much better
  • dalerst
    Options
    ^ Looks much better

It did feel better as well! No trainers made a big difference so I'm off tomorrow to get some better shoes.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    Looks better ..one thing I would suggest is to really focus on keeping your feet in the same position...a que that I use is feet in concrete
  • dalerst
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    Looks better ..one thing I would suggest is to really focus on keeping your feet in the same position...a que that I use is feet in concrete

Once I get the stance I'm 100% happy with I will mark the floor so it's the same every time. The weight today was a bit light but it certainly help with the Form
  • DresdenSinn
    DresdenSinn Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    ^ Looks much better
    ...so I'm off tomorrow to get some better shoes.

I squat/deadlift in wrestling shoes :wink:

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    ^ Looks much better

It did feel better as well! No trainers made a big difference so I'm off tomorrow to get some better shoes.

I use Adidas power lifters
  • se015
    se015 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    if you're legs and gluts are sore, you're doing them right, if you're sore in mostly your lower back, probably not doing them correctly and you should work on core development and do lighter weights.
  • blackcomaro
    blackcomaro Posts: 796 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Had another go today without the trainers and lowered the weight by 10kg still work to do but felt better to me?

https://youtu.be/XIhHOkym7HI

Great job!
    Looks good now but would suggest keep the weight lower for a bit and focus on form.
    As once this is consistant, gains will come very quickly.
  • dalerst
    Options
    Seth1825 wrote: »
    if you're legs and gluts are sore, you're doing them right, if you're sore in mostly your lower back, probably not doing them correctly and you should work on core development and do lighter weights.

My legs and gluts are definitely sore after most sessions. I have started to feel in in my lower back as the weight increases hence the Form concentration.