Size 4?

Options
2»

Replies

• rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and 125 used to be an 8 for me. When I was super skinny at 112 I wore a 6, and was really not very healthy at that weight. However, vanity sizing is a lot more common now, you may find 4s that will fit you at that size. As tall as you are, 125 may be under your best weight.
  • laurajeanholly
    laurajeanholly Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10", 135lbs and wear a size 6. Even at my lowest weight of 127 I still wore a size 6. I think everyone is built differently, so even though someone else might be able to wear a size 4 at my weight, my hip bones are too wide to ever fit into a 4.
  • hanlonsk
    hanlonsk Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Ummmm in women's sizes it's beginning to be a bit like who's line is it anyways, where the dimensions are made up and the sizes don't matter. I am 5'9 and 175-180. I have a pair of size 6 capris that fit, size 13 pants that fit, size 10 pants that are too small, and size 8 pants that are too big... I also know e last time I fit into size 8, I was 30 lbs less than I am now, so sizes must have changed a lot in the last 10 years in general...

so depending on which of those you look at... some time between 30lbs and God only knows, and maybe never???? I would NOT recommend judging progress based on women's clothing sizes. It seems a bit like judging length based on a slinky...
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    It depends on your body type, as well as the brand and style of jeans that you're trying on. Women's sizing is absolutely ridiculous for being so inconsistant. I'm 5'9" , 120 pounds and I wear anything from a juniors 7-11, or a women's 6-10 depending on the size and style.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    It depends on your body type, as well as the brand and style of jeans that you're trying on. Women's sizing is absolutely ridiculous for being so inconsistant. I'm 5'9" , 120 pounds and I wear anything from a juniors 7-11, or a women's 6-10 depending on the size and style.

well junior sizes are going to off since they arent made to fit well on a woman who maybe has fuller hips and so on.but most womens clothing has changed and most are off too. what used to be a 6 could be a 2 or a 4. brands do vary and it sucks I can wear anything from a 6-10 in jeans but in say workout/yoga pants I can wear a small (2-4)
  • CaliMomTeach
    CaliMomTeach Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6 and hovering around 140 right now. I am in both size 4 and size 6 depending on which store.
  • Mezzie1024
    Mezzie1024 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Aiming for a size is aiming for a moving target. Depending on the year I bought my clothes, they could be size 2, 4, 6, or 8 and still all fit at the same weight. I like how sewing patterns haven't changed their sizes; I've been a size 12 consistently in those.

That said, 125-130 pounds gets me in a size six lately, but I'm shorter than you, so it could work. It depends on how you carry your weight, of course. Any paricular reason for this arbitrary goal?