Simple program

Options
I need to find a workout program that can be done with very basic equipment. I have a bench/rack, barbell, and dumbbells. No gym membership. Maybe something similar to SL5x5 but with a few more moves. That program worked well for me for a while but after a few months I got bored and started doing my own thing.

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    NROL4W
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I like SL 5x5 with added accessories: bicep curls, tricep extensions, glute bridges, hip thrusts, pullups, PEC fly and back fly
  • evilpoptart63
    evilpoptart63 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I like SL 5x5 with added accessories: bicep curls, tricep extensions, glute bridges, hip thrusts, pullups, PEC fly and back fly

That's actually a really good idea. I got bored last time doing the same moves but if I add some different accessory lifts it might break up the monotony. Thank you
  • Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    Options

That's actually a really good idea. I got bored last time doing the same moves but if I add some different accessory lifts it might break up the monotony. Thank you

I would also recommend this. I use strong lifts and upgraded it so I have more than the 3 lifts every workout.
  • evilpoptart63
    evilpoptart63 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Sweet. I'll download the app again and start it today. My lifts ended up increasing a crazy amount last time so I know the program works well for me but I ended up inventing my own split after a while. This should work :)
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I basically do all 5 lifts, plus either glute bridge OR hip thrust both times(I lift twice per week.) One day will be rows, one day will be back and pec fly. Bicep curls and Tricep extentions can be once or twice. I usually only do them once because they are in a video I do on a non-heavy lifting day.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    when i got sick of sl (actually what happened was i plateaued and rebelled simultaneously with 3x5), i got put on wendler 5/3/1.

i'm a little out of motivation for that now, after a year. but to begin with the change totally rekindled my interest and my love of lifting. i always thought the fact that no set was exactly like the set before it or the set after it would just confuse me and piss me off, but in practice by the time it came into my life i loved it. it was exactly teh mental and physical break i needed.