New please help

Options
2»

Replies

• VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    I barcode loads of things that are incorrect. The barcode will come up as cheese and what I'm logging is cake or something. Hence the advice to cross reference. I'd agree small discrepancies aren't that big a deal and probably all come out in the wash anyway.

dalerst wrote: »
    You're using incorrect entries somewhere. 4 calories per gram of carbs and protein, 9 per gram of fat and you have 3221 calories, not 2692.

Working on that basis how does the app work things out incorrectly? I always seem to be 40 to 50 calories out from what the app says doing the calculation based on it.

Again it's an entries things. You have to be using the right ones. Most of the database is user created, a slip of the finger here or there (or just plain old wrong info entered) and you can end up with wacky misaligned numbers.

OP could be using the right entries... Some carbs don't have 4 calories per gram.... Not saying they're for sure using the right ones, but you can't always just multiple by 4,4 and 9 and get back to the calories.

Maybe so but it's not going to result in the 500 calorie difference I caught from the first screenshots.