• Shuffle100
    Shuffle100 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    It doesn't work
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    It doesn't work

what do you mean it doesnt work? intermittent fasting can help you stick to your calorie intake so it does work for that and it has been proven to help some with insulin levels BUT,if you are trying to lose weight you still need to eat in a deficit. I do IF only because Im not much for eating breakfast and never was,I do 16:8. there are several kinds of intermittent fasting though.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,118 Member
    Options
    What is your Goal? Weight loss? If so, eat less than you use on a consistent basis. If Intermittent Fasting helps you maintain a calorie deficit, good.

I do IF. I have for most of my life, I just call it, "Eating two meals a day."
  • YvetteK2015
    YvetteK2015 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    It doesn't work

It works for people who find that eating breakfast makes them more hungry throughout the day. That's why I do IF. I don't start eating until 2 pm, and I'm able to stick to my calorie deficit. If I eat breakfast, I'm sooooooo hungry for the rest of the day and I just can't shove enough food in my face. Not eating until 2 significantly reduces my appetite.
  • Mizdedicated
    Mizdedicated Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I do 16:8. I have been doing it for about a month and have lost 22 lbs. It has really helped me.