supplements! boosters etc!

Options
Nikoruo
Nikoruo Posts: 771 Member
Hello! I've been to gm recently and a representative suggested a few things including a sort of multivitamin and some protein powder. He also suggested this thing called epiq ripped. He said all this stuff would help push along my weight loss journey a bit faster and give me energy. Now the epiq for sure had me energized during and after my workout yesturday. I took the pill at 7:30pm.Since I work out at 8pm. I was hyperactive after which wasnt too bad, it was a little scary but did.t hurt or anything. I'm a person who used to be an energy drink addict as well as a avid coffee drinker and never got much of anything out ofthem. So this was a big shocker. When I went to bed this night 10:30-11:00 pm I had a hard time sleeping. I don't know if its from this pill or not cause I didn't feel super energetic anymore and I was yawning. I'm thinking it could be the heat last night or the epiq... So just to check I took it earlier today, at 4:10pm. So well see.anyone else tried this stuff? What's your experience? Was it good or bad? Is this too much caffein? Or is the other stuff in it good and useful? If you stopped taking it did you gain your weight back? Let me know as much as you can :) thanks guys! Happy healthy life to you all! Oh! Also just to clarify, I'm using this and the other stuff as an extra push to lose weight faster. I am working out, eating under calorie goals and pretty healthy and drinking tonnes of water. (Forgive bad spelling and grammer, I'm writing this on my cell haha)

Replies

• nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    You do not need any type of pill to "lose weight faster."

You got pushed by a representative.

Calorie deficit is the healthy way to lose weight.

Exercise will increase the deficit and improve overall fitness.
  • abnerner
    abnerner Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I have no experience with this but I would guess you probably couldn't sleep because of the pills.
    Here is something I found just by looking it up on google. Looks like the side effects are what you were feeling. I'd be careful, I can't imagine it'd be good for you in the long run - http://www.dietspotlight.com/epiq-ripped-review/
  • Nikoruo
    Options
    I've looked up all sorts of reviews pros and cons and so far most of what I see is pro but there are some cases where it doesnt go well at all. So I'm not sure. The only side effect that I've had is probably the bit of insomnia because I took it too late yesturday. I did get to sleep but it was sort of restless all night. I'm trying this out for a week or so to see if it has much of an impact. That is, unless things go terribly wrong lol
  • nomeejerome
    Options
    I've looked up all sorts of reviews pros and cons and so far most of what I see is pro but there are some cases where it doesnt go well at all. So I'm not sure. The only side effect that I've had is probably the bit of insomnia because I took it too late yesturday. I did get to sleep but it was sort of restless all night. I'm trying this out for a week or so to see if it has much of an impact. That is, unless things go terribly wrong lol

How did you lose your first 50 pounds? And you are willing to possibly be one of those "cases" that it didn't "go well at all"?
  • Nikoruo
    Options
    I've lost it doing what I said I've been doing. Excersizing and eating healthy and under a calorie goal. But I haven't been moving much lately and an extra push is nice. It did make me push harder and longer in my work out. And I wouldn't mind too much cause the worst case scenario I've seen is headaches (I always have them even without the pill), stomach sickness and insomnia. It's not like the worse case has been death yet. and I take half dose to be careful not to push myself. I also track my heart at still point to make sure its not making it race either, so far its been fine. I'm taking precautions of course. But it would be neat I'd it really did help burn more fat off. But mainly I guess I do like tthe spike of energy I've gonnen from it during work outs. More than anything I'm asking this on here because its less likely that its a sales rep. Especially since I can look at their history you know.
  • nomeejerome
    Options
  • Nikoruo
    Options
    I've lost it doing what I said I've been doing. Excersizing and eating healthy and under a calorie goal.
    This is a very important statement. Good luck.
    haha yes it is. I just figured I'd try. If I get signs that its no good I'm off it right away. Just wanted to see if what I've been hearing is true. I'm a bit impatient with weight loss like most of us are haha. Guess that's what got me to give in to try it. Thank you for the luck, yhe same to you on your journey :) cheers!