Chondroitin weight gain

Options
rgl536
rgl536 Posts: 25 Member
Since my last weigh in 2 weeks ago, I have started taking MSM with chondroitin. When I weighed in today I was shocked to see that I have gained 15 lbs in 2 weeks.

I was taking the supplement to fight a nagging knee issue.

Anyone have the same issue with this supplement?

That is the only thing that has changed in my day to day program. I eat the same meals and the same workouts as always.

Any feedback is more than welcome

Replies

• Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Is it a juice or a pill? If juice bottle, name it so someone can look up the nutrition and sugar in it. Nothing online about weight gain, in fact some info about weight loss. And why are you not weighing yourself daily. I do, but I only log it once a week.
  • rgl536
    rgl536 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    It is a capsule. MSM with glucosamine/chondroitin.

I quit weighing daily a while back as I was becoming obsessed with the fluctuations day to day. For a year I weighed every day when I started my journey. I started at 325 and am down to 167 and have Ben in the 167-175 range for months. The only thing new is the supplement and 15 lbs in 10 days is nuts.

I run a lot (50 miles/week) and do some lifting and cycling so I am burning a lot of calories.
  • pomegranatecloud
    pomegranatecloud Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    It doesn't affect my weight.

Sounds like you're not accurately tracking your food. Do you weigh and track everything?