Meat and Dairy

Options
124»

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Done that....my body won't lose when I eat low calories.

Everyone's body will lose weight when they reduce calories in. The key is tracking calories accurately.

Elimination diets may make tracking easier.....however going vegan means subbing animal based proteins for plant based proteins.....both have calories.

There are fat vegans and vegetarians alike.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I've tries Atkins; weight watchers; grapefruit; cabbage soup; low cal; low fat; one meal a day; mean green juicing; protein shake; Richard simmons ect...
    I usually lose weight....initially...then the craving start again. Usually hungry at night. I usually crave protein and dairy products. I make everything my self homemade. I don't use process foods. I use very little salt. And I joined a gym just recently. I think I have a metabolism issue. I'm 48. I have lost 5 lbs in two weeks. I made my own protein bars wit h healthy hemp and seeds with oatmeal and sugar free peanut butter.

I've tried lots of FAD diets too. Temporary diets = temporary weight loss. It took me YEARS to understand that.

If vegan (or vegetarian) is something you can stick to forever, then good for you. Elimination diets have always backfired for me because they were temporary.

Eating too much is behavioral.......work on finding the "whys"
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    @jennpinklady How have your first twenty days gone? I notice you have a lot of vegans already trying to help you out with protein and information on the China Study and such. I hope you're listening to them, because they really know their stuff. So far you seem to be putting off their comments.
  • jennpinklady
    jennpinklady Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Im doing really great! I feel great too! Pain is down, weight dropped 8.7 lbs so far. I feel full and so many plant based items to chose to make fantastic food. My food cravings went down to zero. Overall so far plant based is a winner! I dont use any processed vegan meals, i do everything fresh. I count all calories so it isnt limitless food just because your going plant based. Im very happy
  • jennpinklady
    jennpinklady Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thanks to you all who are supporting me and to those who are indifferent thats ok too. To each and everyone and there own, to do and follow food plan that best fits there needs. Lets be supportive to all!