Best pedometer for Nexus 5x phone that will use internal pedometer?

Options
I read that my nexus 5x has a built in pedometer but not all apps will take advantage of. I'm like.... 60% sure the "google health" app will use it but I couldn't figure out how to use it or how to connect it to my MFP account.

Does anyone else have a nexus 5x or phone with built in pedometer that they can recommend? My understanding is that the built in pedometer won't drain the battery too crazy if left on all day. My google searches for finding an app that does this have been... a little misleading, and there are a TON of pedometer apps.

Replies

• dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Try Google Fit.

https://fit.google.com/
  • Geocitiesuser
    Geocitiesuser Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    @dewd2 I think I have it set up to sync correctly. Is this what you use? When will it sync calories/steps from the pedometer if you know? I'd like to keep logging everything on MFP ultimately.
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I used to use it. I haven't for a long time so I can't say how it works any more. I remember I had to tell MFP which app to use for steps (under the 'steps' menu).
  • Geocitiesuser
    Options
    Just want to say thank you, it works perfectly, and is syncing occasionally throughout the day. Doesn't seem to be draining battery either. I don't know why it didn't work this way before but it works great now. Maybe I just needed to ask :)
  • Geocitiesuser
    Options
    So, uh, I deleted it. When I use map my walk I have to start and stop the pedometer but it adds to my over all calorie burn on MFP. When I used google fit MFP deleted all the step data when I logged my regular cardio, and apparently tries to synce the TDEE between the apps (meaning it will only use the tdee from mfp or google whichever is higher, and doesn't combine the calorie burn).

So that was a bit of a disappointment. All I'm looking for is a pedometer that doesn't eat my battery and auto logs the calories burnt the way map my walk does. So still open to recommendations.