Tired of being tired, and I've gained it all back

Options
Lynnara
Lynnara Posts: 152 Member
After losing about 40 pounds in 2011/2012 and keeping it off for about 18 months, I've somehow let my life spiral out of control. I've gained it all back, and a few extra. I was doing so well, then had just too much happen. From the loss of a loved one, stress of working at a job I disliked in 2012/2013, and to being being laid off in December of of 2016, as well as being ill with pneumonia, shingles, and countless other colds and viruses..I gave up.

I can't keep doing this. I miss how good it felt when I was back into a size16, now I'm back to a 20 and will barely look at myself in a mirror.

I know HOW to do this, I just need to Do it. I can't çontrol that other stuff, but I can control THIS.

Hoping to find a bit of inspiration to help me get jump started again. Might be rough for me for a week or so,

Thanks for letting me ràmble.
♡Lynn

Replies

• Panda8ach
    Panda8ach Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    You've got the motivation, you know how fantastic it feels to lose it! Circumstances for slipping up sound harsh but that's in the past... Not where you're heading :) Chin up, look forward and crack on. You've done it before, you'll do it again. Good luck on your journey :) Namaste
  • rdmitch
    rdmitch Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    a lot of us have gone thru a few up and downs. when life gets rough sometimes we let our guard down a bit on eating habits to allow us the strength needed to tackle the bigger problems facing us.
    i think i've lost the same 40 lbs 3 times and quit smoking at least 6 times
    Just make the big effort this time and try to learn from the past. always remember the feeling of the size 16.. no one here has any magic words or tricks that can ever guarantee forever success, only our belief in YOU as a person that has the inner strength.
    Make the trip again it will be worth it