Breakfast Idea's

Options
AimeeHxxx
AimeeHxxx Posts: 6 Member
Hi, I'm a first time mum looking to shift my baby weight. If you have kids you'll know how hard it can be to find time to prep, cook & eat all in one go.
Does anyone have any quick, filling, low cal, scrummy ideas for breakfast I can eat whilst my little girl naps?

Replies

• AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    eggs and bacon
  • sakomeow
    sakomeow Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    bacon and eggs
  • hess1952
    hess1952 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Apple & peanut butter
  • rachaelnasser
    rachaelnasser Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Overnight oats with frozen berries. I take some everyday to work and keeps me going till lunchtime...
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit plain and simple, but it takes absolutely no time to pour some milk over a bowl of Corn Flakes, Weetabix, Raisin Bran, Honey Nut Cheerios, Special K, Oats & More, etc. A few seconds extra to add some yogurt if you wish. An egg could be on the stove boiling while eating the cereal, therefore no extra time involved.
  • dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Have you heard of Hungry Girl's Egg Mugs? It is basically a microwave omelet in a coffee mug. You can use eggbeaters(they have recipes on their site too) or whole eggs. Anything you would put in an omelet or quiche works in an egg mug. Takes about two minutes to cook. You can make ahead in a mason jar or food storage container and just microwave when baby goes down for her nap.

hungry-girl.com/go-to-guides/show/best-of-egg-mug-recipes
    soupspiceeverythingnice.blogspot.com/2016/08/masonable-mondays-2-scrambles.html

Broccoli%2Band%2BHam%2BMasonable%2BScramble.jpg

I like baked eggs and baked oatmeal too.

soupspiceeverythingnice.blogspot.com/2016/07/baked-eggs-8-ways.html
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=VkaVTQXLA90

• mybigfat
    mybigfat Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Lovimg baked oatmeal tastes like a breakfast cake
  • jessfclark
    jessfclark Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Use egg whites to make egg muffin bites
  • amandarunning
    amandarunning Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I'm really into overnight oats at the moment. 40g oats, 20g Strawberry Protein Powder, 150g non fat Greek yoghurt and a splash of milk. Mix and leave in the fridge overnight then add some fresh berries in the morning or add some frozen berries on top the night before. Also add some Splenda for sweetness and very tasty and very filling with great macros.
  • Sunna_W
    Sunna_W Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Look at your macros to shift baby weight also.

40% healthy fat / 45% protein / 15% carbs&sugar will allow you to lose fat, gain muscle, and not be hungry.

Sample meals that are simple:

Breakfast: Hungry Girl Microwave Eggs (with cheese)

Lunch: Veggie Smoothie (add psyllium seed husk powder to give it some bulk); it's basically a blended salad; add olive oil and raw apple cider vinegar and salt. (You can make this up in one go and have it for multiple meals).

Snack: Peanut Butter with salt only (2 TBSP)

Dinner: Fish with skin, Chicken with bones and skin or any ground or chopped meat cooked with veggies and mushrooms with a tiny bit of rice or potato.

The goal is to maintain muscle and energy level while losing the fat. (Healthy fats burn unhealthy fat.) Make sure that you are getting a good quality unrefined sea salt. It should be moist, like sal de mer.

• abbynormalartist
    abbynormalartist Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal, hard boiled eggs, cottage cheese with blueberries. Yum! And if you have time to prep one night, make a bunch of wraps with eggs, cheese, mushrooms, spinach, etc, etc. Wrap, freeze and pull out and nuke when you're hungry.