New to Maintenance

So today is my first day in maintenance eek! I know i need to eat all my maintenance calories to maintain but do you need to eat back all of your exercise calories? Or do you still eat 50-75% of them back due to inaccuracies? Just a little confused about this. Please let me know.

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,342 Member
    I assume you have been logging previous to today? Your own numbers are your guide. If you have lost weight by eating back part or all of your exercise calories and have used this site, then continue to do so.

Your numbers are your guide.

I always have and still eat all the exercise-earned calories. Some people can't. You have to do the experiment.
  • sheena_shewell
    sheena_shewell Posts: 48 Member
    Ok thanks cmriverside i guess I'll have to just experiment a little. With exercise calories in the past sometimes i was under other days i ate them all back as long i was at or under my calorie goal and still lost weight. Guess i may have to do a bit of tweaking in maintenance
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Congratulations on hitting your goal. I still have a good bit to go, but sometimes I'll eat at maintenance just to give myself a break. I actually find it harder to hit my numbers when I'm doing that especially when my exercise is different day to day. I think the key is to look at your calories over a longer period of time, say a week. I also plan to keep monitoring my weight on Trend Weight because I find that keeps me from obsessing over fluctuations. I'm really looking forward to it.

Best of luck to you!
  • sheena_shewell
    sheena_shewell Posts: 48 Member
    Thanks ladyhusker39 some great advice!