Question on MFP calorie tracking

Options
HI All,

I have a Garmin that I use to track my exercise calories. I have it synced to MFP, but I don't like the way the calories read on MFP. MFP adds the used up calories on Garmin watch to calories that I can now eat. This is driving me crazy!!!! Is there a way to change MFP to where the calories show against my calorie limit for the day?

Replies

• nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Yes, in goals, at bottom, turn the add calories feature off.
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    If you work out more, you have to eat more. Unless your activity tracker is giving you excess calories for some reason, proper nutrition for recovery is very important in the long term.

I was losing weight before using MFP, and started using it mostly to help track my workout calories vs daily intake for recovery reasons. Not that there is anything wrong with the occasional day of higher deficit, but if you string several of those days together it will impact your energy levels in a hurry.
  • Kintsugi_Haikyo
    Kintsugi_Haikyo Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys!
  • Kintsugi_Haikyo
    Kintsugi_Haikyo Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    nowine4me wrote: »
    Yes, in goals, at bottom, turn the add calories feature off.

Do a lot of people do what I'm trying to do. It's seems more motivating to me. When I look at my calories and I have an extra 1000 calories to eat, I feel like it's fake or something.