Lets Try It Again

Options
Hello! My name is Kelly and I've been here before. I've always come for all of the wrong reasons...never the right ones. But this time I think I might have it right. My mother passed away on January 4th from a 2 year battle with lung cancer. When we knew the end was imminent she told be she was worried about me...about my health and my weight. She made me promise I'd do something about it. After her death I fell into my old routine of feeding the pain I felt...it worked for a while...not anymore though. I'm sad, unhappy, unhealthy and overweight...but I can do something about it. I'm totally gonna screw up...I'm gonna complain...I'm gonna need a lot of "cheerleaders"...but I have no doubt that I can do it. I can hear my mom...and she's in my corner.

Replies

• dianemcmurtrie
    dianemcmurtrie Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi Kelly.
    My name is Di.
    Firstly. I am so sorry for your loss.
    There is nothing I can say to you lovely, that can ease your pain.
    What I can do is tell you that I am an MFP veteran (670 days).
    130 pounds to lose, with 70 down.
    I know how tough it is.
    I am willing to walk with you Kelly.
    Sending you a friend request now.
  • SarzJWix
    SarzJWix Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I lost my mum to cancer quite a few years ago. She wanted me to get healthy too, she was a WW veteran though, and I tried that many times. Just couldn't get on with it though. I'm finding MFP much better, and hoping that I can fulfill this part of her wish for my life now. I already worked really hard for 6 years to finish the bachelor's degree that I promised her I would. Hoping to look a lot less like a pudding by the time my graduation ceremony happens in October, I absolutely know that my mum is proud as punch off my efforts wherever she is watching me from!