38 yr old female trying to lose 30 lbs

Options
tiasommer
tiasommer Posts: 36 Member
I've used this app off and on for a few years. Had some success, now trying it again and looking for more support. Trying to eat clean and start with basic exercise - walking. A few years back I weighed 25 lbs less and ran a few half marathons. I can do this! I'm aiming for 2 lb a week now. 2 lbs was just too low cal and I felt miserable. Adding in exercise - even light - would've been impossible on 1200 cals a day.

Replies

• udebear
    udebear Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi. Add me as a friend if you like.
    Im 35 and had 15kgs to lose when i started a 8 weeks ago. I had never run at all in my life.
    Ive lost 6 kgs, brisk walk 3km before brekky, run for 30mins after lunch and weight train 5nights a week. All with the help of MFP, my garmin watch and support from my Hubby.
    My MFP friends are a great help.
  • leasy1
    leasy1 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I am also 38 and trying to lose between 28 and 35lb. Maybe we can support each other.
  • hlapinski
    hlapinski Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm also 38 and just came back to myfitnesspal myself. I lost 15 pounds on Weight Watchers last fall, but then wasn't able to stick with the program. At $20/mo I couldn't justify spending the money if I wasn't making it work. Myfitnesspal has worked for me before and it's free! I would like to lose 15-20 pounds.