Greetings from a newbie in Chicago, Illinois, USA

Options
Good morning, if it's morning in your part of the world, or hello if not. :) I'm Noony, and I'm brand new to the My Fitness Pal app and community. I was directed here by my personal trainer, because it turns out I don't eat enough calories during the day to support my needs - a surprise to me! I'm learning about appropriate calorie balance with fitness, and how to lose weight in a healthy way. It seems counter-intuitive to eat more in order to lose weight, but I've learned a bunch about it and am excited to experiment.

I've done weight-loss programs in the past, and I'm pretty much right on the statistics of "lose it, gain it back plus ten percent." I have zero interest in diets or weight loss programs because of that. I want to learn how to nourish my body, exercise well, and be happy in my own skin. I like the program here, what I've seen so far, because it's about creating a healthy balance and learning how to "tweak" our program to work for us.

I'm an avid gardener and novice herbalist, and I'm learning to incorporate more green foods in my daily diet. I'm an author and textile artist, and during the day work in the insurance industry. I have three cats and a dog, and my husband and I are planning on buying a house in Washington state by next year. So, lots of positive changes.

I look forward to getting to know the community here and to contributing to the discussion as we all journey along this path called Life.

Namaste.

Replies

• TeddyK4975
    TeddyK4975 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Feel free to add
  • sjbaker103
    sjbaker103 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    hello and feel free to add me too:)
  • AmandaClothier
    AmandaClothier Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Teddy & SJ! I appreciate it.
  • CoffeenSquats
    CoffeenSquats Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Welcome and best of luck to you!
  • critwitt
    critwitt Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I wish you much success in your journey!
  • fortyaintsobad
    fortyaintsobad Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Noony, welcome! I'm in the same boat as you and have been using this app religiously for 20 days straight! I love it and I feel a sense of freedom. I am also in the Chicagoland area. Would love to connect.