Need a side idea for tonight

Options
I have broccoli, zucchini, eggplant, and possibly salad tonight.. now I need some kind of starch plan for dinner (not everyone here is out of calories). I'm making prime rib steaks and ribs (beef) on the grill for dinner. I have egg noodles, potatoes, and rice as bases for a side dish.. what I need is a really good suggestion of what to make with them. Just got done with potato salad.. my family is sick of it for the time being.

Replies

• healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Preheat oven to 350'. Peel and then cut potatoes into thick wedges. Wash potatoes and dry. Place in baking pan. Drizzle with olive oil, salt, pepper and squeeze a whole lime or lemon over potatoes. Toss with your (clean hands lol) till potatoes are evenly covered. Bake in 350 degree oven till crunchy on he outside and soft on the inside. Stir potatoes with a large spoon every so often during baking. Very tasty and healthy! Takes about 45 minutes to an hour. Great with beef.
    If you and your family like, you can add sliced onions to the potatoes for extra flavor and bake too.
  • autumn26
    autumn26 Posts: 44
    Options
    Preheat oven to 350'. Peel and then cut potatoes into thick wedges. Wash potatoes and dry. Place in baking pan. Drizzle with olive oil, salt, pepper and squeeze a whole lime or lemon over potatoes. Toss with your (clean hands lol) till potatoes are evenly covered. Bake in 350 degree oven till crunchy on he outside and soft on the inside. Stir potatoes with a large spoon every so often during baking. Very tasty and healthy! Takes about 45 minutes to an hour. Great with beef.
    If you and your family like, you can add sliced onions to the potatoes for extra flavor and bake too.

Yummy, sounds great.
    You should make that for sure.
  • Lynn_babcock
    Lynn_babcock Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    German Potatoes... I like.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    German Potatoes... I like.
    Thats funny! I'm Greek American and those were Greek roasted potatoes lol!