Should I bulk or cut ?

Options
I am 13st 3 5'11 decent build but hold abit of fat in the mid section, I have been at the gym on and off for a few years but my training has been on point this whole year. I have plateaued at all my main lifts so I am going to begin a powerlifting program but if I'm starting a powerlifting program I may aswell bulk otherwise I won't see much progress ? Just looking for advice before I commit to this program thanks

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    rfuray wrote: »
    I am 13st 3 5'11 decent build but hold abit of fat in the mid section, I have been at the gym on and off for a few years but my training has been on point this whole year. I have plateaued at all my main lifts so I am going to begin a powerlifting program but if I'm starting a powerlifting program I may aswell bulk otherwise I won't see much progress ? Just looking for advice before I commit to this program thanks

what is your current body fat %?
    what are your goals?

you can power lift while still cutting...
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    What program are you currently following? Did you have built in deloads? Did you track calories/macros?
  • bethany_rose8
    bethany_rose8 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I think if you are starting a new program you should maintain.
    It's hard to build strength while cutting (it is possible)
    But you also don't want to gain any more fat, this new training stimulus, enough food but not too much and you should see some slow but steady positive results in both training and aesthetics
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    Which do you want more - to lose the gut of be awesome at picking *kitten* up?

Knowing what you want is half way towards deciding on a diet and training plan.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    Which do you want more - to lose the gut of be awesome at picking *kitten* up?

Knowing what you want is half way towards deciding on a diet and training plan.

This is the real question.

Do you want to look like Eddie Hall or Rippetoe... and as a consequence lift like Eddie Hall and Rippetoe?

Or do you want to look like Mr. Universe?

Or do you want to look like a Gymnast?