Cool new "bicycle". What do you think?

Options
Some of my mechanical engineering friends just invented a new kind of "bicycle"

Here's a video of it: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=2855931194805

Here it is with one of the inventors:

943328_153969714784285_1970040985_n.jpg

Here's some thumbnails:
occam.PNG

And here's the fullsize pictures: https://www.facebook.com/greatscottech/photos_stream

What do you guys think? Awesome? Crazy? Crazy awesome?

Replies

• nathalier71
    nathalier71 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Looks like it would be a challenge to ride! Pretty cool though!
  • DCruz83
    DCruz83 Posts: 99
    Options
    As a biking enthusiast, that looks pretty awesome! A bit on the crazy side, sure, but still very cool... how easy is it to ride it? I figure it's harder uphill with no gears but for a faster-than-walking option around town it looks great!
  • GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    I'm a big proponent of helmets, but I just couldn't wear one with that.
  • Calantorntain
    Calantorntain Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    As a biking enthusiast, that looks pretty awesome! A bit on the crazy side, sure, but still very cool... how easy is it to ride it? I figure it's harder uphill with no gears but for a faster-than-walking option around town it looks great!

It seems to vary person-to-person, with no rhyme or reason. I personally have huge difficulties with it. But the vast majority take to it like a duck to water. Teens are obviously great at it, but a woman in her 50's tried it out and was zipping around like a person half her age.

Definitely faster than walking; it's actually about as fast as casual cycling!
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    I think my nine and seven year old boys would freakin LOVE IT! I'll stick with my cannondale and my mountain bike.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    seems like it would be fun for kids and teens. maybe good as a novelty for an adult.
  • talk2elles
    talk2elles Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    That looks awesome! My dad would probably love it, and that is a compliment as he is way fitter than me and a massive bike enthusiast including recumbent bikes and carbon bikes within his collection. Are they expensive? How easy are they to use too?