Quick question on my TDEE

Options
dalerst
dalerst Posts: 174 Member
Just a quick one I'm working on a lean gain at the minute of 0.5lb per week and want to gain 6lb in total whilst doing the SL programme. So do I eat my exercise calorie back on top of my TDEE or just stick around what I've worked it at? It's currently 2621 per day.

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    dalerst wrote: »
    Just a quick one I'm working on a lean gain at the minute of 0.5lb per week and want to gain 6lb in total whilst doing the SL programme. So do I eat my exercise calorie back on top of my TDEE or just stick around what I've worked it at? It's currently 2621 per day.

Depends if you included exercise in your tdee calculation?
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

Your TDEE includes your exercise calories, they should already be accounted for in that number.
  • dalerst
    Options

It did ask my exercise level which I put it as moderate 4/5 days a week.

Your TDEE includes your exercise calories, they should already be accounted for in that number.

That's what I thought. I've been going off my MFP and adding in my exercise cals which I think is way too high.
  • TavistockToad
    Options

That's what I thought. I've been going off my MFP and adding in my exercise cals which I think is way too high.

So you don't need to eat them back
  • dalerst
    Options

So my TDEE is to maintain is that correct? If I want to gain I would still need to go over by 250?
  • TavistockToad
    Options

So my TDEE is to maintain is that correct? If I want to gain I would still need to go over by 250?

Yes. But it's only an estimate. You'll get your number from real world data.