Losing weight but gaining inches... help?

Options
I've lost almost ten pounds but when I measured myself today I had gained an inch in my waist? What's going on? Could it be that I might be a little bloated since it's the end of the day?

Replies

• cameralikeagun
    Options
    I don't know why this posted like four times. Sorry!
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    Several possible reasons come to mind - is TOM close? what did you eat today - food puts bulk in stomach before digested? did you suck in your gut the first time? did you measure over clothes or a different outfits (I have to ask but assume you measured on skin)? was the first time in the morning and the second at the end of the day - you do gain weight as the day goes on? did you eat out or eat more processed foods yesterday and are retaining more water due increased sodium level - if so, maybe you've lost even more weight:wink: but are retaining water?

Good luck figuring your situation out.
  • zoey116
    zoey116 Posts: 75
    Options
    I've had this happen as well....would love to learn the answer if there is one.
  • LastFighter
    LastFighter Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    If you can have someone else measure you, and do it at the same time. 1 different result isnt a result its an anomaly.
  • Becka77
    Becka77 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    What type of workout are you doing? I attended a bootcamp last year for like 6 months but had to quit because I was turning into the incredible hulk. Even though I had lost 20 lbs my muscles were getting huge. I had a pair of jeans that were loose when I started and by the end the legs were so tight I could barely get them on because my quadriceps got so big. Also, my deltoids got huge which led to the looking like incredible hulk with huge humps on my shoulders.

The problem was the male trainer had me doing a lot of strength training and not enough cardio.

I quit working out for like 4 months after that to let my muscles shrink back to normal and then I joined a jazzercise class, I haven't had any problems losing weight or inches since.
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I've lost almost ten pounds but when I measured myself today I had gained an inch in my waist? What's going on? Could it be that I might be a little bloated since it's the end of the day?

Roughly 2lb can be gained throughout the day, perhaps it tends to go onto your waist rather than anywhere else. Have you noticed that the next morning it is back to normal? If so, my suggestion re the 2lb could be the answer.

Do a little experiment. Measure your waist, first thing in the morning after going to the toilet, note the measurement and then measure it again last thing at night and see if there is a discrepancy and how big the difference is. :flowerforyou:

...and then repost, 'cos I am nosey!