Chicken thigh

Options
177 calories per 100 grams compared to 165 calories in chicken breast. Higher in fat, but fat is on-trend lately. Love my grilled chicken breasts, but have been enjoying thighs lately too. What's your favorite cut of chicken?

Replies

• Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    My preference is either the thigh or the wing
  • Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I love smoked chicken legs and fried chicken legs.
  • kcnwa
    kcnwa Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Funny you mention this, I've been trending towards the boneless skinless thighs lately too. I was often eating too few calories and fat so this helped get me there without being crazy overboard. They taste so damn delicious grilled too! Make plenty for leftovers and use them for buffalo wraps and quesadillas for quick on the go options.
  • sosteach
    sosteach Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Love the breast for less calories and the thighs for full flavor and wings...well who doesn't love wings! I like to shake it up so I don't get bored!
  • arrghmatey1
    arrghmatey1 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Boneless Skinless Thighs RULE!
  • CarolPre
    CarolPre Posts: 1,845 Member
    Options
    I favor boneless chicken thighs also. They have much more flavor than chicken breasts.
  • leanitup123
    leanitup123 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    sosteach wrote: »
    Love the breast for less calories and the thighs for full flavor and wings...well who doesn't love wings! I like to shake it up so I don't get bored!

Amen. Chicken breast is best in salad, wraps, etc. The thigh is great grilled and in tacos, nachos, pizza. :#
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    They're so on trend over here at the moment, that they're more expensive than breast for the first time ever.
  • CipherZero
    CipherZero Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Try using chicken thighs instead of breast for Chicken Parmesan. They are godly.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    My worse - Chicken Breast
    My Best - Chicken Drumsticks
  • TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    I like normal chicken thighs. I eat the skin and bone after it's cooked in a crockpot several days. I also like the drumsticks.
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Yup this morning I had chicken thigh as part or my pre-gym mini meal.
  • CoueCoue
    CoueCoue Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    The SKIN! Removed from the meat after cooking the whole bird and laid out on a baking tray and put back in the oven for an extra ten minutes while carving. MELTINGLY CRISPY.
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    All about the breast ! actually pretty much breast only
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Looove chicken thighs. They're cheaper than breasts and way more flavourful and moist.

I use them skinless and cut them up for curries and casseroles. And I just bake the skin-on thighs with a bit of salt and pepper and eat them as is - I love the crispy skin!
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    I don't think there's any (muscle) part of the chicken I don't like lol. Long as it is cooked to be juicy and tender, not dry.... It somewhat depends on if it's intended for a particular recipe which part I would pick. Yeah, never met a chicken I didn't like. XD
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Favorite cut of chicken?

q90r8ka3ay4q.jpg

Prepped, sliced, sauteed in butter, with salt & pepper. Preferably served on those toothpicks with the tasseled plastic tops like it's a fancy 1970s/80s hors d'oeuvre.

My college roommate LOVED gizzards. She loved them like I Ioved baking powder biscuits with butter and honey.

We were chubby at that time. lol