On this weight gain journey

SW:108 CW:120 GW:140..Any ideas on what home workout I can do for toning myself? I have a young baby so gym is not an option right now. Thank you!!

Replies

• calderoakmikel1
    calderoakmikel1 Posts: 12 Member
    How long ago did you have the baby? I only ask because I used p90x in the past and it worked great for me. But it was very intense. I would recommend downloading an app. My friend who had a baby as well did yoga and it help her out a lot. She also used mostiorizing (can't spell) cream with vitamin E for the stretch marks.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Since you are trying to gain/bulk I would read this link for info:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10226536/bulking-for-beginners/p1

And here is a list of programs, there are several bodyweight programs in here. community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1

• mzlikklebit
    mzlikklebit Posts: 7 Member
    I had the baby 10 months ago and thank you
  • STEVE142142
    STEVE142142 Posts: 867 Member
    Not sure where you are physically and what your capabilities are but I'm a big fan of Tony Horton's Beachbody products. If you're a total beginner start with 10 minute trainer then move up to P90 and then P90X which is the advanced version.

Also there are a lot of great videos on YouTube about working out but like I said I'm a big fan of Tony Horton and his philosophy of muscle confusion has really worked great for me
  • livielou06
    livielou06 Posts: 1 Member
    Dose anyone no what I could do to gain weight
  • Colt1835
    Colt1835 Posts: 447 Member
    edited June 2017
    livielou06 wrote: »
    Dose anyone no what I could do to gain weight
    Eat more food than it takes to maintain your current weight.
  • Rob_Schaller
    Rob_Schaller Posts: 1 Member
    Not sure where you are physically and what your capabilities are but I'm a big fan of Tony Horton's Beachbody products. If you're a total beginner start with 10 minute trainer then move up to P90 and then P90X which is the advanced version.

Also there are a lot of great videos on YouTube about working out but like I said I'm a big fan of Tony Horton and his philosophy of muscle confusion has really worked great for me

NO need to spend the $$ for all of those programs. You can simply start at P90X. As Tony said repeatedly in the DVD's "Do your best, forget the rest" Modify if you need to is another common phrase uttered through the 90days.

No, you won't be able to keep up with them but you will get great results. All that said, getting lean is almost 100% about your nutrition. You can work out like a crazy person but if your eating habits and what you are eating is not right your results will suffer. It really means changing your lifestyle PERMANENTLY when it comes to food.

If it comes from a tree or a bush or directly out of the ground its a whole food. If its an animal that is NOT altered after slaughter (processed) then it may be okay in moderation.

Over the last 20 years, the fad in restaurants is to serve portions that frankly 20 years ago would have feed the entire family dinner are now served as single portions.... 3-6 oz portions of meat are all you need... not 12, 16, 20+ oz

What you eat and how much will go much, much further in your success or failure. There is a balance you need to maintain the right amount of calorie deficit and your body not getting enough calories which trigger the body's response to hang on to fat and store it which means your results suffer.

P90X (really all of them P90, P90X2, and P90X3) come with a fantastic Nutrition guide that tells you what, how and WHY
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member

NO need to spend the $$ for all of those programs. You can simply start at P90X. As Tony said repeatedly in the DVD's "Do your best, forget the rest" Modify if you need to is another common phrase uttered through the 90days.

No, you won't be able to keep up with them but you will get great results. All that said, getting lean is almost 100% about your nutrition. You can work out like a crazy person but if your eating habits and what you are eating is not right your results will suffer. It really means changing your lifestyle PERMANENTLY when it comes to food.

If it comes from a tree or a bush or directly out of the ground its a whole food. If its an animal that is NOT altered after slaughter (processed) then it may be okay in moderation.

Over the last 20 years, the fad in restaurants is to serve portions that frankly 20 years ago would have feed the entire family dinner are now served as single portions.... 3-6 oz portions of meat are all you need... not 12, 16, 20+ oz

What you eat and how much will go much, much further in your success or failure. There is a balance you need to maintain the right amount of calorie deficit and your body not getting enough calories which trigger the body's response to hang on to fat and store it which means your results suffer.

P90X (really all of them P90, P90X2, and P90X3) come with a fantastic Nutrition guide that tells you what, how and WHY

OP doesnt want to get lean, she wants to gain weight....
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Since you are trying to gain/bulk I would read this link for info:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10226536/bulking-for-beginners/p1

And here is a list of programs, there are several bodyweight programs in here. community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1

These links are all you need OP, good luck!