Pregnancy and mfp

Options
Bex953172
Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
Soooo just got a big fat positive!
And I know ill have to discuss this with my doctor but just looking for peoples experiences?
I eat around 1200 a day. Or 1500 but then I will exercise off the 300.
I was just wondering can I still do this or is 1200 too low for my pregnancy?
Have any of you done it?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Eat at maintenance
  • chokhas
    chokhas Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    congrats. I think you should check with your doctor. for now eating at maintenance should be fine but in some cases the doc may ask you to continue to loose weight but that depends on your starting weight or pre existing conditions
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    According to my bmi I'm just overweight. 170lbs at 5'7 gives me a bmi of 26.
    My goals is to lose 30 lbs.
    Suppose it can wait for 9 months lol!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    It's got to wait for 9 months. Eat at the level your doc tells you, but at least maintenance. Talk to your doc about maintaining a healthy weight gain through the pregnancy. You might surprise yourself at the end of it.
  • bethany_rose8
    bethany_rose8 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Eat at maintenance and continue whatever exercise regimen (but avoid anything that gets you too hot, do not work out in heat) for now until your second trimester and then you need to remove any exercises that are laying down.

That is all I can currently remember. Also talk to your doctor of course!

Congratulations ☺️
  • lagarden813
    lagarden813 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    When you go in to the doc, they should give you a book/binder with information about what to eat, how much to be eating, and about exercises during pregnancy. If they don't, definitely ask about it. You will want extra calories, especially towards the third trimester when the baby grows a lot, but not a whole lot of extra calories (although I'm finding that hard to do!). I think the recommended weight gain is about 15-25 pounds during pregnancy even if you start off overweight, so you definitely don't want to be losing weight. I figure once I pop my baby out I'll pay more attention to the scale because it tends to stress me out now seeing the number go up. Good luck and congratulations!