2nd time on phentermine

metamorphosis922
metamorphosis922 Posts: 2 Member
edited June 2017 in Getting Started
Hey! A few years ago I was prescribed phentermine 37.5 mg and lost over 100lbs from February to September. I ended up injuring myself at work and quit taking it and was temporarily disabled. I'm about to get back on it and wondered if anyone has any tips or pointers to make it a success once again? I really don't feel like I did much last time except for work lol. You can also add me and we can support and motivate each other! :)
My current weight is 258 lbs.
My goal weight is 150 lbs.
My last time on phentermine I dropped from 285 lbs to 170 lbs over 7 months. I obviously gained some back when I was injured

Replies

• 76Crane76
    76Crane76 Posts: 133 Member
    well I'm not sure I can help you...I was recently prescribed half that dose. I began on June 10 and have only had a 2 lb weight loss...I'm not even sure this is working...
  • Lynnara
    Lynnara Posts: 152 Member
    Did the phen-phen back in the 90's and and lost, but had to stop as that is when the news broke a out people getting heart problems with it. It sure did the trick with suppressing hunger, but for me, I had to learn how to eat healthy because just basically starved myself while taking it. I never learned how to lose and keep it off until I learned portion and calorie control. CICO.
  • cqbkaju
    cqbkaju Posts: 1,011 Member
    Lynnara wrote: »
    I never learned how to lose and keep it off until I learned portion and calorie control. CICO.
    ^ This

• cqbkaju
    cqbkaju Posts: 1,011 Member
    76Crane76 wrote: »
    well I'm not sure I can help you...I was recently prescribed half that dose. I began on June 10 and have only had a 2 lb weight loss...I'm not even sure this is working...
    1 lb a week is a perfectly reasonable amount of weight loss.
  • curvylicious369
    curvylicious369 Posts: 61 Member
    Be careful with that phentermine. I swear it caused my new cardiac diagnosis of svt. I only took it a few months and I thought it pointless because honestly I don't eat just because I'm hungry, I eat with my feelings regardless if I'm hungry or not. Trying really hard to change my behaviors.