Napping at work

Options
2»

Replies

• SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    I am an insomniac. I have trouble falling asleep so I don't th No ive ever nodded off at work, even if I wanted to! Takes me a long time to fall asleep.

Do you have a problem wearing white after Labor Day?
  • Cerealsensei
    Cerealsensei Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    On my breaks I go to our quiet room and I'm normally out cold. There have been a few times when I forgot to set my alarm and a 15 minute break turned into 35 minute power nap
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    During lunch breaks. I actually havd a sleeping disorder and have had to click off early for the day to sleep in my car a couple times though. Had to call it a migraine, because few employers understand "I AM going to sleep right now, I'd prefer to be out of view when it happens."
  • sw33tp3a1
    sw33tp3a1 Posts: 5,065 Member
    Options
    I did that once.... then the guy I had a huge crush on walked in the break room and saw me drooling. Never again.
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    I am an insomniac. I have trouble falling asleep so I don't th No ive ever nodded off at work, even if I wanted to! Takes me a long time to fall asleep.

I often just wear some strategically placed marshmallows. Pretty much anytime of year, so no.

I'll bring the chocolate and graham crackers.
  • 1RedRoom
    1RedRoom Posts: 619 Member
    Options

I often just wear some strategically placed marshmallows. Pretty much anytime of year, so no.

I'll bring the chocolate and graham crackers.

See told you !!!
  • Thehardmakesitworthit
    Thehardmakesitworthit Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Yes but only because I have an office door.
  • HeyShaunie
    HeyShaunie Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Yes but only because I have an office door.

Same!
  • Sivadee00
    Sivadee00 Posts: 428 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    No I have never taken a nap at any workplace. Although I wish the work policies in the U.S.A. would allow people to take brief nap just like those who work in Japan. Europe has a four week vacation policy which sounds fantastic too.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    I know someone who curls up under her desk and goes to sleep.
  • cuckoo_jenibeth
    cuckoo_jenibeth Posts: 1,434 Member
    Options
    So tempting...I am a pediatric nurse, so I have my own office with a bed! So very, very tempting!
  • ShellyPru84
    ShellyPru84 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness I wish I could. I'm working 7p-7a and I only got about 3 hours sleep today.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,526 Member
    Options
    Only once. When I was a highschool radio DJ and did a stint from 12am to 6am for a promotion at a store. I was locked in the store till the morning and was only allowed to go to the area where the bathroom was. There was dead air for about 2 hours according to my boss at the time.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • SEAHORSES4EVER
    SEAHORSES4EVER Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    I don't sleep well at night so sometimes on my lunch breaks I'll go nap in my car. I do worry that I won't wake up on time, so far that's only happened once :#
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    we have a meditation room, so I've been known to take a walk up there if I'm having a long/crappy day
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options
    Not yet. But #goals
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    Yep. Two or three weeks ago I fell asleep at my desk for almost an hour while researching. I was tired and that YouTube video I played to supply "productive" workplace music helped put me to sleep. Lol.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    There's napping and there's virtual napping with eyes open but mind disengaged.