My Continued Win Against Diabetes

Options
So after a 5 mile run today I came home today to great news! My blood work results are back and my A1C is 5.2! This blood test determines your blood glucose levels over a 3 month period. If it's 6.2 or higher you are considered diabetic. In December 2014 it was 7.2 and my doctor wanted to put me on a second medication besides Metformin (that I had already been taking since August 2008.) This second medication is strongly linked with causing liver problems. That's what started me on my health journey that saw me join MyFitnesspal and start running.

My A1C has been coming down steadily ever since and it's the lowest yet since I was diagnosed diabetic!

To all type 2 diabetics: you CAN get off medication! You CAN beat diabetes. You CAN live a healthy life! I'm living proof of what's possible. It won't be easy. It will take courage. It will take hard work. It will take dedication. The only question is are you up to the challenge?

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!