USA friends: any Fourth of July plans?

Options
What foods will you be eating? Are you planning on having dessert? Counting calories? Fireworks? Fast approaching!

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I'm not a party animal so I have no party plans.
  • Derf_Smeggle
    Derf_Smeggle Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Vacationing for a week. Planning to cycle my butt off while I'm visiting friends so I can eat, drink, and be merry!

My log is going into guesstimate mode for the week, and I'm not going to overly stress about it.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Burgers. Tater tots. Ice cream. That's about it.
  • Derf_Smeggle
    Derf_Smeggle Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I'm in Australia but hosting my annual "Fat-th of July" party,

The menu is:

Pulled pork
    Slow cooked BBQ Brisket
    Southern fried chicken
    Buffalo wings
    Taco dip
    Fried mac n cheese
    Jalapeno poppers
    Mashed potato gray bombs
    S'mores Pie
    Deep fried cookie dough
    Pumpkin pie
    Chocolate peanut butter pretzels

You can see where the event gets its name.
    Screw visiting friends. I'm hanging out with your crowd!
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    4th of July is usually the first day of the year I have to spend in a bathing suit in front of gobs of people. This year -- for once -- I'm not wound up about it.

A few ideas for a riff on party foods -- buffalo cauliflower, watermelon skewers, veggie burgers, and blueberry chia pudding pops.

It's the drinking that typically gets me, but I've perfected the Perrier with a dash of Titos and lime maneuver!
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Work! Bring on that holiday pay!!! Thankfully this year I have one of the coveted fireworks detail positions.

Just hope I don't get any calls of people blowing off fingers/hands from improperly handled fireworks.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    No plans. It will be a regular day for me.
  • lkpducky
    lkpducky Posts: 16,775 Member
    Options
    My husband hits the big 5-0 on July 3rd, so we'd better figure out some sort of festivities! He's not big on big parties but we're thinking of joining some friends at a really good Spanish restaurant near the beach.
  • chaney3000
    chaney3000 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Work
  • lilolilo920
    lilolilo920 Posts: 184 Member
    Options

The menu is:

Pulled pork
    Slow cooked BBQ Brisket
    Southern fried chicken
    Buffalo wings
    Taco dip
    Fried mac n cheese
    Jalapeno poppers
    Mashed potato gravy bombs
    S'mores Pie
    Deep fried cookie dough
    Pumpkin pie

If the goal w this party was to mimic American cuisine in all its glory, it's successful ;)
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

The menu is:

Pulled pork
    Slow cooked BBQ Brisket
    Southern fried chicken
    Buffalo wings
    Taco dip
    Fried mac n cheese
    Jalapeno poppers
    Mashed potato gravy bombs
    S'mores Pie
    Deep fried cookie dough
    Pumpkin pie

If the goal w this party was to mimic American cuisine in all its glory, it's successful ;)

Thank you! That's exactly the goal :D

I'm actually a US citizen but have lived in Aus all my life, save for a year after Uni, when I lived in Illinois. This event has become my yearly "event" for friends and it's just a big fat stereotype. I trawl State Fair food announcements for inspiration LOL.
  • ashleydp84
    ashleydp84 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Ashley from MS. I plan on cooking marinated ribs, corn on cob, salad & a coca cola life with watermelon for dessert. I feel like this is a nice mix of indulgence & health conscious which is typically my goal. Hope everyone has a happy & healthy 4th of July! Remember we have goals dammit! Don't use a holiday as an exscuse to fall off the wagon. Remember:Eat breakfast, get some exercise that day, & balance your celebration meal with healthy & indulgent & limit your alcohol. Ciao
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    ashleydp84 wrote: »
    Hi, I'm Ashley from MS. I plan on cooking marinated ribs, corn on cob, salad & a coca cola life with watermelon for dessert. I feel like this is a nice mix of indulgence & health conscious which is typically my goal. Hope everyone has a happy & healthy 4th of July! Remember we have goals dammit! Don't use a holiday as an exscuse to fall off the wagon. Remember:Eat breakfast, get some exercise that day, & balance your celebration meal with healthy & indulgent & limit your alcohol. Ciao

I do wut I want! :laugh:
  • ValkyrieOnline
    ValkyrieOnline Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    My roommates (twin, aunt, and her hubs) all have off.
    We might go to the beach/out to eat [dear lort plz no I can't control myself yet]
    But if it falls through, just will sleep!! :smiley:
    4th of July= Hamburgers & hotdogs were the first things that popped in my head..oh how I miss those hamburgies :heart:
  • kathakraz
    kathakraz Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Running an 8k race.
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    Celebrating the 4th and my birthday with a 4 day weekend. Sailing and a baseball game over the weekend so boat drinks and hot dogs! And cake, can't forget the cake. This is one of the holidays I don't really count calories. I kind of keep a running tally in my head but mostly just have a good time.

Going to be a great weekend.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    More into finding some great fireworks shows. We will also sit around the firepit and hang out with friends and family.
  • Kida_Johnson
    Kida_Johnson Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Running a 4 mile race in the morning, but I have no plans for the evening. Last year my parent's neighbor set off fireworks. He also happens to be my fiancé's coworker, so we might go there and have a drink with them, but that's it.