How bad is eating most my calories at dinner?

Options
I work long hours and eat very few calories during the day. Is it bad/unhealthy or have negative effects on me if I eat a large amount of calories in the evening at one meal?

Replies

• fromaquasar1
    fromaquasar1 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    As long as you're eating your goal calories it doesn't matter when you eat them :)
  • knempress
    knempress Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I do it daily. I've consistently lost. As long as you stay under your daily goal, you're fine.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    JerSchmare wrote: »
    Nope. It's totally fine.

What they said! I do it every day. No issues with meeting my goals at all.
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    I'm agreeing with everyone else, but do want to make one note: as long as you feel good (not light headed, groggy, etc) then eating the bulk of your calories at night is fine!

~Lyssa
  • lorimichelle80
    lorimichelle80 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!!
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,034 Member
    Options
    It's not bad at all. I typically eat about half or more of my calories for dinner. It worked while losing and I still do it in maintenance.
  • 150poundsofme
    150poundsofme Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I was wondering about insulin and all - many carbs at one time, might do a number with blood sugar. But I guess if a person is not diabetic, they can handle it. Also if you are a binge eater, then you would still be considered binging. A dietician wanted me to have carbs at all my meals. When I suggested that if I was going to go to a restaurant and wanted to save my morning carb for lunch to eat with the lunch carb, she didn't think that was good.

But if it is working for you, then that is great.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    I spread my calories throughout the day. I always have breakfast. My biggest meal is often in the middle of the day. Then I eat again at night. Sometimes I have small snacks during the day.

As long as you feel okay working on an empty stomach, it's probably okay for you. Then if you also feel okay going to bed after a heavy meal, then its okay for you. Both those things would feel wrong for me.
  • RedheadedPrincess14
    RedheadedPrincess14 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I don't really eat lunch. I eat a breakfast of like five hundred calories and a dinner of about eight hundred. It works great for me. As long as it's not night time bingeing, but an actual meal, I wouldn't think of it s a problem of any kind. It's just a preference over what makes you feel your best
  • audreybaby6
    audreybaby6 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would try to space it out, I saw your other posts and the dizziness is concerning. I dealt with that recently and you have to be careful. Would love to discuss
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    nope, not bad. I eat about 75% of my daily calories for dinner after i've worked out.

the whole "don't eat after 8pm" and other nonsense has to do with people having already eaten ALL their calorie needs for the day and then eating MORE on top of that at night time.