Need advice

Options
So I'm needing to lose weight and I'm hoping to gain a bit of muscle to tone up, what excercise or machines do you use? And what machine made you tone up?

Replies

• AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    If you're new to weight lifting, steer clear of machines for the most part. You want to stick to free weights to build strength. I'd recommend a program like Stronglifts to get you started. Just search for it on google.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    If you are at a good weight for your height but you want to lose fat and gain muscle at the same time, sounds like what you are looking for is recomp where you maintain your weight while lifting. Keep it mind it can take some time to progress.

Otherwise, you can eat a deficit to lose weight while lifting to reveal the muscle you have to "tone up" .. then once you reduce you bodyfat you can bulk or put on muscle if you desire.

There is no machine to make this happen. I would start here and follow a progressive lifting program

community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1