Look out Chicago, I'm coming to eat All the Things!

Options
2»

Replies

• Ben_there_done_that
    Ben_there_done_that Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Ah, Chicago... You'll come for the food, you'll stay because you were murdered.
    At least, I think that's the unofficial city motto.
  • RoteBook
    RoteBook Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I know you were all desperately curious for an update.

Nick's gyro
    Giordano's pizza
    Portillo's beef and cheddar
    Garrett caramel corn
    July 4 cookout with Midwestern staples (giant burger, taffy Apple salad, and ice cream)
    And my brother-in-law's favorite doughnut place in Joliet

I ran between the raindrops one morning, and learned that humidity and I are no longer friends.

I'm up 1 pound and it's probably water weight, as I just flew back yesterday. Totally worth it.
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    Ya thanks to your post I had to go to the city last weekend to get some Philly's Best. It was just as good as I remembered! :p

Since it is a little over an hour drive we also had to get dessert. Holy crap! http://www.bangbangpie.com/ I had the coffee blondie pie: baked coffee chess, whipped cream, spiced almonds, shortbread crust. So tasty!!

I hope the pizza was as good as you remembered.
  • RoteBook
    RoteBook Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    bioklutz wrote: »
    Ya thanks to your post I had to go to the city last weekend to get some Philly's Best. It was just as good as I remembered! :p

Since it is a little over an hour drive we also had to get dessert. Holy crap! http://www.bangbangpie.com/ I had the coffee blondie pie: baked coffee chess, whipped cream, spiced almonds, shortbread crust. So tasty!!

I hope the pizza was as good as you remembered.

Yum, that pie looks delicious! Maybe I will cave to my family's request to visit for thanksgiving, especially because I just realized I didn't get any corn! You would think that corn would be the same everywhere, but the $1/sad looking ear California corn just can't measure up.