Best ever Paella recipe

Options
TARGET65K
TARGET65K Posts: 150 Member
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-eDbjeTA3E
This is the method I use when cooking in my outdoor kitchen.
I Make my stock.
Place the chicken carcasses, garlic, vegetables, herbs and peppercorns in a large, deep-bottomed pan. Add the cold water and bring to the boil, skim, then turn the heat down to a simmer. Continue to simmer gently for 3-4 hours, skimming as necessary, then pass the stock through a fine sieve.
ALWAYS USE REAL SAFFRON
I add live whole Mussels, live Scallops, fresh raw langoustines, raw prawns and a firm fish like monk fish as a soft fish like cod etc. will break up and get lost in the paella.
At the end of cooking I remove from heat and cover the paella pan with tin foil and serve about 10 minutes later.
Always use a good wine for cooking (if you cant drink it dont use it).
If you want any advice P.M. me.

Replies

• kellieinkc
    kellieinkc Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Dibs on the soccarat!
  • dc8066
    dc8066 Posts: 1,439 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    You are my favorite MFP-er now. I have real saffron, but I am having trouble with cooking rice for paella. I even considered cooking it separately.
  • TARGET65K
    Options
    dc8066 wrote: »
    You are my favorite MFP-er now. I have real saffron, but I am having trouble with cooking rice for paella. I even considered cooking it separately.

I always use a Spanish paella rice.
  • dc8066
    Options
    I am using the wrong Spanish paella rice or a wrong recipee. It's driving me crazy. What's your routine with rice in paella?
  • TARGET65K
    Options
    I add the rice and cook for 15 minutes, then I add the crustaceans and fish and reduce the heat and cook for 5 minutes, then remove heat and cover with tinfoil for 5 to 10 minutes. The next time I make paella I will film my method and send you a link but it wont be until the end of July as I will be in Crete.
    I am using the wrong Spanish paella rice or a wrong recipee. It's driving me crazy. What's your routine with rice in paella?

• dc8066
    Options
    TARGET65K wrote: »
    I add the rice and cook for 15 minutes, then I add the crustaceans and fish and reduce the heat and cook for 5 minutes, then remove heat and cover with tinfoil for 5 to 10 minutes. The next time I make paella I will film my method and send you a link but it wont be until the end of July as I will be in Crete.

I'll be waiting patiently