Trying to stick with tracking

Options
KendraS74
KendraS74 Posts: 84 Member
Hi all, I have been on here before in the past but stopped and would like to restart. I am a 43-year-old mom of two, married almost 20 years. That weight just keeps creeping up, and my challenge is to be more present and pay attention to my body's needs -- then follow through!

I have worked out twice this week so far and have found that early mornings work best. I also need to limit those empty calories from carbs such as chips, crackers, wine, and beer. Today I shall replace cravings with fruit, veggies, and tea, and see how that feels. I must become a more mindful eater and track, track, track.

Community definitely helps as well, so I would love some friends. Thanks for reading.

Kendra

Replies

• rdonnini
    rdonnini Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Kendra, I am a mom of 3 grown children. I am 55 and I too and trying to get back to tracking and watching my empty calories. It's a struggle but we can do it. Old habits are hard to break.
  • KendraS74
    edited June 2017
    Options
    rdonnini wrote: »
    Kendra, I am a mom of 3 grown children. I am 55 and I too and trying to get back to tracking and watching my empty calories. It's a struggle but we can do it. Old habits are hard to break.

Thank you for your reply! I find it is more about being in the moment and perhaps less multitasking. Summer is slower in my world, so it is a good time to start. All the best to you.
  • Rubysue17
    Rubysue17 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi Kendra & rdonnini

I am a mom of 1 grown child and am older than both of you! I am 67. I agree it is quite the struggle. I've been doing really well since the beginning of the year, but yesterday I broke down and had some chips AND cookies! Today is a new day so hopefully no chips and cookies for me! Please friend me if you like.

Sue
  • KendraS74
    Options
    Rubysue17 wrote: »
    Hi Kendra & rdonnini

I am a mom of 1 grown child and am older than both of you! I am 67. I agree it is quite the struggle. I've been doing really well since the beginning of the year, but yesterday I broke down and had some chips AND cookies! Today is a new day so hopefully no chips and cookies for me! Please friend me if you like.

Sue

Yes, I try not to think about the previous day but instead ask myself how I can make today more successful. OK, well, maybe that requires a glance at the previous day, but that is it! I'm not much of a sweets person, but salty snacks are my weakness for sure. I'll friend you both. Thanks! :smiley:
  • gbaggio66
    gbaggio66 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've been on here in the past, did well, then thought I didn't need to track anymore. Over 6 months later I feel that it was really beneficial to my weight loss. I have lost a lot, but gained some back because of my erratic eating habits. I'm a 37 year old mom of two teenagers and am trying to get us all healthy again. All of you ladies please add me! I am willing to support and encourage