looking for a new plan {endurance}

Options
Luna3386
Luna3386 Posts: 888 Member
In my deficit I am struggling to lift heavy, even way below my max. It's kinda depressing and it's causing pain (no major injuries, but I keep tweaking myself).

So looking for something higher rep, lower weight even though it's not.my first love. Lol.

And honestly, I'm bored and would like something new.

Any suggestions?

Replies

• Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,210 Member
    Options
    If you're injuring yourself, your form probably needs correcting, in which case i would address that rather than doing more reps incorrectly. Either hire a good trainer to check your form, or video yourself and compare it to youtube tutorials. :+1:
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    How much of a deficit are you running and for how long?
    It might be even more difficult to run a higher rep program
  • Luna3386
    Options
    Cherimoose wrote: »
    If you're injuring yourself, your form probably needs correcting, in which case i would address that rather than doing more reps incorrectly. Either hire a good trainer to check your form, or video yourself and compare it to youtube tutorials. :+1:

I know how to deadlift (that's my problem I keep running into), I hit 250# for 4 at my max last year. But now I can't lift 155# without hurting myself. Not extreme as it's definitely better within 2 days.
  • Luna3386
    Options
    rybo wrote: »
    How much of a deficit are you running and for how long?
    It might be even more difficult to run a higher rep program

A 250 calorie deficit from December to end of march. A 500 calorie deficit from April through now.

I am hoping to continue like this through the summer and increase (maybe even move to recomp) after labor day. I can't manage a larger deficit during the school year.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    Agreeing with the above posters.

It could also be that you are trying to progress too fast.

Have a look at the AllPro programme. It may give you the change you are looking for.
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=4195843

Cheers, h.