Hot dog salad

Options
clark614
clark614 Posts: 92 Member
A couple people on here mentioned hot dog salad . Can someone tell me what that is? Thanks

Replies

• bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    lmao

I just put anything you'd eat on a sandwich or in a bun, in an entire bag of salad greens.

I put 3-4 chicken hot dogs, 3-4 wedges of laughing cow cheese, jalapenos, reduced sugar ketchup, and hot sauce into an entire bag of Dole American blend and go at it. 500 calories or so depending on how many links and cheese wedges you use and it fits in a mixing bowl.
  • Nikitazilla
    Nikitazilla Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I've been waiting for this, thank you so much! I needed a guilt free recipe to indulge my sick love of hot dogs!
  • bbell1985
    Options
    lmao. It's all happening.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »

You're becoming an overnight sensation! Get that shiz on Pintrest, pronto!
  • grinning_chick
    grinning_chick Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    If you Google "hot dog salad" you'll find recipes for multiple variations of one, too. From simple to "way too many steps involved to do that, lol".
    clark614 wrote: »
    A couple people on here mentioned hot dog salad . Can someone tell me what that is? Thanks

• Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I have no clue, but it sounds about as horrible as potato salad or tuna salad or any of those other mayonnaise-tainted abominations that masquerade around society under the moniker of "salad".
  • lilolilo920
    lilolilo920 Posts: 184 Member
    Options

Finally!! People are realizing your greatness! ;)
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    If you want more information on the increasingly famous hot dog salad - check out Instagram. There is some weirdo called Ardita Rose who posts pictures of them ;)
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    I have no clue, but it sounds about as horrible as potato salad or tuna salad or any of those other mayonnaise-tainted abominations that masquerade around society under the moniker of "salad".

Try reading the thread.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    I put caramelized onions on mine. Just like the ones you put on a bun.
  • kavahni
    kavahni Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Love me a hamburger salad!
  • bbell1985
    Options
    kavahni wrote: »
    Love me a hamburger salad!

I do a hamburger salad too. I find that I can get lower calories with the hot dog salad.
  • bbell1985
    Options

Sorry you are clueless on the hot dog salad
  • bbell1985
    Options
    I put caramelized onions on mine. Just like the ones you put on a bun.

I never put onions on my hot dogs. Though I didn't start liking onions until well into my 20s. That sounds good. I just get stuck in my way.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    I read about your making salad out of foods that usually have buns/bread/tortillas a little while ago which inspired me to whip up taco and fajita salads on a frequent basis. I must try this hotdog and hamburger salad!

Best dinner ever.

I've also made tuna melt in hollowed out tomatoes and tuna melt bake. So good.
  • Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    lmao

I just put anything you'd eat on a sandwich or in a bun, in an entire bag of salad greens.

I put 3-4 chicken hot dogs, 3-4 wedges of laughing cow cheese, jalapenos, reduced sugar ketchup, and hot sauce into an entire bag of Dole American blend and go at it. 500 calories or so depending on how many links and cheese wedges you use and it fits in a mixing bowl.

I do this all the time. I turn everything into a salad.