Macros? Carb cycling? Counting calories?

Options
Is there a one works faster, or better way to lose weight?

Replies

• Rammer123
    Rammer123 Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    On MFP everyone will say nothing works better or faster, only the calorie deficit
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Counting macros is essentially the same as counting calories. But whatever gets you into and helps you sustain a calorie deficit will work best.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Not really...

A lot of these things come more into play when you're lean and trying to get leaner... if you're over fat, they don't really make much difference... it's like a crappy golfer thinking they're going to markedly improve their game with thousands of dollars worth of clubs... those are only really going to make a difference for seasoned players who are already pretty good...
  • specialed_genuis
    specialed_genuis Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I used macro and calorie counter because it breaks it all down so I know what I'm eating. So far it's working like a charm and I can see what I could eliminate what is holding me back.
  • Famof72015
    Famof72015 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I used macro and calorie counter because it breaks it all down so I know what I'm eating. So far it's working like a charm and I can see what I could eliminate what is holding me back.

Did you have someone set your macros?
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Calorie deficit to lose weight. Macro balance for health, satiety, and physique (especially as you get leaner).
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Whatever helps you create a calorie deficit in the end is the one that will be best.

Counting calories can help you to be more accurate with intake (which is especially important for someone lean trying to get leaner)
    Counting macros for satiety and body composition purposes.
    Carb cycling/calorie cycling can help with diet adherence and gym performance so this can possible be beneficial for more advanced trainers and lifters