No food past 9pm? but what if I'm hungry??

Options
13»

Replies

• chantwizzle83
    chantwizzle83 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Probably cuz most people think that starving themselves is the way to get "skinny". No one ever think about eating to be healthy. Or that more sensible meals in a moderate quantity are better than little meals with no substance.
  • blt0087
    blt0087 Posts: 115
    Options
    who told you you couldn't eat after 9? if you're hungry and have some calories left...EAT!

I agree..do whatever works for you. I work till around 10 everynight (closer to midnights on the weekends), and don't actually get to sleep until around 2am. If I followed the "no food after 7 or 9" rule, that'd be like not eating anything else after lunch. Just adjust yourcalories according to your day.
  • jsmiel01
    jsmiel01 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Do you eat a lot of carbs at dinner? If I eat pasta and breads for dinner, or pizza, I am always hungry later. Cut those in half, and use the calories for an evening snack.
  • cbluna
    cbluna Posts: 26
    Options
    I pre-log my 1-2 squares of dark chocolate with my cup of tea for while I'm sitting in bed--this is not a cheat day thing, it's an every day, part of what I fit into my calories thing. Sometimes, knowing it's there and already pre-logged is what helps me ward off cravings at other times of the day.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    I eat up to 11:30pm each night. Just make sure you have calorie allotment for it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • jjrichard83
    jjrichard83 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Your body has no idea what time it is. Eat anytime you are genuinely hungry.

The only problem with that is its your brain telling you and not your stomach. Most don't know when they are really genuinely hungry and NEED nutrients.

Drink water and see later....
  • harphy
    harphy Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    If you are hungry go and eat! But not chocolate and cookies. Try a banana or a cooked egg. Drink first than eat!
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    If you are hungry go and eat! But not a banana or a cooked egg. Try chocolate and cookies . Drink first than eat!
  • NYgirl1990
    NYgirl1990 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Would eating something that is like 30 calories help? That is what I do if I get really hungry right before bed. I'll just have like 8 almonds or 4 strawberries. I don't think it's really going to hurt if you just have 30 extra calories.
  • serendipity57
    serendipity57 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I've always been a night eater, I just save my calories for what I want.
  • Nissi51
    Nissi51 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Eat!!!!!!

Why the rule? It's bioscience that you shouldn't be eating after a certain time. Account for it in you daily intake and it before bed!! I do every night or I would be up starving and you need your sleep to lose weight!!!
  • UNLESS19
    UNLESS19 Posts: 118
    Options
    try eating later, i eat my evening meal around 6-6:30 and i usually don't meet my calories so i do the bad thing of eating as i get really hungry and how could i sleep if i'm starving. I don't go to bed until late too anyway, people will say go bed earlier and get up earlier but i go bed late and get up early, it's how i am.

plus i look at it this way- it's worse not to eat! Even some dry toast, a yoghurt or some dry fruit would be good and less than 100 cal
    I've still lost weight even with eating late at night, eating out and the occasional night out too! So don't worry too much!
    Good luck and i've added you :)
    <3
  • cruzcrzyMarie
    cruzcrzyMarie Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    If it is true hunger, eat. Have some protein like a hard boiled egg or some cheese. If you know it's not true hunger, then push through it.