Kettlebell calrories.

Options
LisaMoxon155
LisaMoxon155 Posts: 256 Member
edited June 2017 in Fitness and Exercise
Ive brought some kettle bells and a fitness dvd to start.
Just wondering how to workout calories burnt or how to add to exercise on MFP. Or is kettlebells purely for strenght?
The warm up and one set of exercises is 20mintues. I want to do warm up and 2 sets of exercise so should take me to 30mintues approx.
Is it worth buying a fit bit or something or an app i can download??
Thanks

Replies

• julie_broadhead
    julie_broadhead Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Which DVD are you using?

If they have you doing periods of work followed by periods of rest, log it as circuit training. If it more of an introduction to Kettlebell technique and skill practice, log it as strength.
  • LisaMoxon155
    LisaMoxon155 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Which DVD are you using?

If they have you doing periods of work followed by periods of rest, log it as circuit training. If it more of an introduction to Kettlebell technique and skill practice, log it as strength.

Thamk ypu for your reply.
    Im at work and cant remember name of dvd. But i started doing the introduction so i now what technique to do and make sure im doing it right and then ill go into the more in dept section of the dvd.
    Thanks for saying what to log it as.
  • DresdenSinn
    DresdenSinn Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    The way I log my weight training sessions is kind of complicated but I think it's more accurate than MFP's calculations and I'm a stickler for accuracy. First I log the individual exercises/weight/sets/reps etc. on Exercise.com (they have a pretty extensive database of exercises/workouts) which is linked to MapMyFitness, I then export the .tcx file of the workout from there and upload it on Endomondo which then syncs it to MFP..phew!