edited June 2017 in Food and Nutrition
Anyone got any?

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    You edited, ugh.

Maybe your calorie deficit is too steep.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Great suggestions but the main thing to take away is to not be too strict on calories and on the types of food you allow yourself to eat.
  • michellebirtleeds
    michellebirtleeds Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Every Sunday, I fill up a gallon-sized container in my fridge with chopped veggies that can be eaten raw. I snack on those instead of binging foods. I eat lots of veggies and modest portions of my favorite (less-healthy) snacks.

Every Sunday, the gallon of veggies seems absurd. It's almost always gone by Friday.
  • Rammer123
    Rammer123 Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Dont be in too high of a deficit and don't fast or keep calories low after a binge.
  • leanitup123
    leanitup123 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Eat more earlier in the day.
  • cangler
    cangler Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    dont go too long without eating or you get really hungry and end up over eating...etc.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    This can make matters worse for some.

For some, it is best to hold off on eating for a few hours (or just skip breakfast and just have lunch).
  • leanitup123
    leanitup123 Posts: 489 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options

For some, it is best to hold off on eating for a few hours (or just skip breakfast and just have lunch).

If eating more is what triggers a binge, then that is a sign you need psychological help. Staving off hunger to avoid a binge is problematic. IMO.
  • WendyLeigh1119
    WendyLeigh1119 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I don't think I actually understand what "binge" means. I always thought it meant eating (junky) snacks or food when you're not hungry.

Reading here, I've seen it described as compulsively eating everything you can find until you puke... or just eating over your calories on a junky snack. So are you talking about the former or the latter?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,969 Member
    Options

If eating more is what triggers a binge, then that is a sign you need psychological help. Staving off hunger to avoid a binge is problematic. IMO.

What? No.

Lots of people successfully employ 16:8, or even 20:4. Stay in your own lane there, friend.

I ate like that in middle school. I didn't have psyche problems. I eat like that now. Perfectly fine, thank you.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options

Huh? Uh, no it's not. Some are naturally not that hungry when they first wake up. Not everyone is the same.

So many still believe that they need breakfast to "start the metabolism" which is simply not true.

And this:

What? No.

Lots of people successfully employ 16:8, or even 20:4. Stay in your own lane there, friend.

I ate like that in middle school. I didn't have psyche problems. I eat like that now. Perfectly fine, thank you.

• jbnorrie1
    jbnorrie1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I feel ignorant :) What do 16:8 and 20:4 mean, please?
  • HealthyGoalie1
    HealthyGoalie1 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Food Rules: No Restrictions, everything with care (denying foods lead to eventually having it anyway even if not hungry anymore)..

See how foods chosen affect calories / macro's.
  • Heathenlegions
    Heathenlegions Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Dont go too long without eating. Drink plenty of water.
  • MaggieGirl135
    MaggieGirl135 Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    Track your food, not just with MyFitnessPal. Track when you eat and when you binge, note what was going on right before the binge---what you were doing, what you were feeling, what were you thinking. This will help you identify triggers and then develop coping skills to minimize or prevent binges.