Need easy dinner ideas

Options
alkight84
alkight84 Posts: 66 Member
I'm bored. We do a lot of baked chicken. I don't Alot if carbs at dinner so low carb ideas are a plus!!!

Replies

• Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Frittatas with lots of vegetables are my go to dinner when I am rushed or have a bunch of different left over veggies. Basically it is a quiche without a crust and I just throw in whatever I have on hand. You can also take out some whole eggs and replace with egg whites to lower fat and cholesterol.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Protein+starch+veg is my normal dinner setup.
    Protein can be any meat or fish. (I prefer protein sources that are naturally rich in fat. If naturally low-fat, I add some oil or butter. It you eat low carb, you need to increase fat intake, so be extra careful about this.) Starch can be any grain or starchy vegetable. (Reduce or omit the starch portion to eat low carb). Vegs are all non-starchy vegetables. All combinations of these three components, prepared correctly, will produce an acceptable result - a nutritious, balanced meal. All combinations aren't as great. But what's appealing and good tasting to someone, is individual anyway.